Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dolgo was pretty flat, tbh.

Great Grass Lord marches on to the quarters.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: Queens R2: GGL def. Dolgopolov 6-3 7-6(4)

They call him Great Grass Lord for a reason :cool:

·
Registered
19,480 Posts
Dolgo broke back in 2nd set to get to a TB, where he blew all his chances easily.

Then listened to GGL giving an interview in English :haha:
Cannot express himself even in simplest terms. :help:
Could only confirm he is a good player on grass, when asked how he'll match up with KAnderson.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Disappointing, but I guess expecting any form of consistency from The Dog is a big ask.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
GGL > Nadal tbh

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
This Dolgo is a lost cause. :lol:

When he has two or three options for a shot, he usually takes the wrong decision at least 50% of the times. :facepalm:

·
Registered
19,480 Posts
classy as always.
I get that for many Spaniards it's a real burden to communicate in other language than Spanish.
In this case it was a bit hard to get his opinion across to us viewers as he was really struggling to not just saying something blatant and obvious, but actually at least getting to a point of his own.

On the other hand, even Andy Murray just gave yesterday a very bland interview, saying the crowd was "nice", and the circumstances were also "nice" at Queens.
You can express yourself well even if you speak a language poorly and very poorly if you speak it as your mother tongue.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Expected result tbh, I really like Dolgo but he is inconsistent as shit.

"Great Grass Lord"... haven't heard that nickname for years :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,754 Posts
NID.

GGL was not deemed Grasslord for nothing.

It's this type of tennis on Grass Courts...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nadal on his way to another wooden spoon? It would be the third for Fedal in 2015 after Nadal in Doha and Fed in Madrid (though that one is shared with whomever Kyrgios beated in R1). A sign of times for sure...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts