Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Horrible from Cilic, Matosevis was good, helped him a lot last week challenger where he made F, so was more used to grass courts, but still no excuse for Cilic, in rallies easy errors, movement bad... i was surprised, because Cilic had good results in Queens and is not complete mug on grass, but it looks like the difference was that this was 1st match for Cilic on grass in year, while Matosevic played Nottingham

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Seriously dire performance from someone who usually plays well at this tournament. Given how much of a mug Grasswrinka is and Tsonga not exactly being consistent these days, this half of the draw is fairly open.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,193 Posts
Horrible from Cilic, Matosevis was good, helped him a lot last week challenger where he made F, so was more used to grass courts, but still no excuse for Cilic, in rallies easy errors, movement bad... i was surprised, because Cilic had good results in Queens and is not complete mug on grass, but it looks like the difference was that this was 1st match for Cilic on grass in year, while Matosevic played Nottingham
Yup, probably this. Matosevic was quite good.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
WTF? :smash:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
time for law school

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
oh yeah :woohoo: great result

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
disappointing from Cilic

·
23,063 Posts
Watched this and was surprised. Cilic's serve going AWOL, while Matosevic was quite good here. Matosevic held up well and personally I thought Cilic's groundstrokes were better than Berdych's on their matches (Berdych virtually was erroneous on the baseline rallies) so it was really Matosevic being solid throughout IMO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts