(14-1 including qualies)

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
shame that the season is so short when it comes to grass :mad:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I always find it strange he's never made it past the 3R of Wimbledon.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
mahut :bowdown:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
:rocker2::tennis::drive: Good draw for him, Dimi is beatable in QF

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Amazing serving stats! I expect him to reach the semifinals here. He should be able to beat Dimitrov, who is clueless on grass.

:bigwave:

Mahut is a good player on the grass, but he's a bit overrated. He's 5-8 in Wimbledon and last year he lost in the R2 to "natural grass-courter" Tommy Robredo. Of course, he won Hertogenbosch and Newport last year, but those are smaller tournaments.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Amazing serving stats! I expect him to reach the semifinals here. He should be able to beat Dimitrov, who is clueless on grass.
Really? I thought he liked playing on it... Wimbledon juniors champion and stuff

·
Registered
10,325 Posts

:bigwave:

Mahut is a good player on the grass, but he's a bit overrated. He's 5-8 in Wimbledon and last year he lost in the R2 to "natural grass-courter" Tommy Robredo. Of course, he won Hertogenbosch and Newport last year, but those are smaller tournaments.
I am aware of that match, and I agree my wording was a bit strong, but I still say that Mahut will be the heavy favourite when they play each other.

Really? I thought he liked playing on it... Wimbledon juniors champion and stuff
I still remember his trainwreck match against Sela and his losses to Hewitt and Zemlja last year...

·
23,063 Posts
I am aware of that match, and I agree my wording was a bit strong, but I still say that Mahut will be the heavy favourite when they play each other.

I still remember his trainwreck match against Sela and his losses to Hewitt and Zemlja last year...
The former? Well, he still has that competitive edge on Grass IMO. The latter maybe I could agree with but that is more of the Slam thing (he never went beyond 3rd Round last year) and it was Wimbledon 2013 -- everything was possible, hehe.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

No way Mahut will be the heavy favorite against Dimitrov.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
If you are aware of that match, you should know the only way the match looked competitive was because Mahut awesome play on break points. He saved a lot (10 or 12) with some epic ballstriking, while Dimitrov didn't had a lot of trouble in his service games.

That being said, obviously Nicolas can win, like I said, he's a good grass court (though a little overrated) and this tournament means more to him, for Grigor is more like preparation to Wimbledon. But no way he's a heavy favorite against the bulgarian in any court of the planet. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts