Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stan puts an end to matosevic's run. Was a good performance from stan but his tournament likely ends next round

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Matosevic didn't play nearly as well as the other days, but it was expected, he's not a consistent player after all and his grass record before this tournament was 3-8.

As for Wawrinka, he didn't had to do much. He served very well and capitalised on some Matosevic's mistakes to break serve once in each set.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
There was something strange in the end..Wawrinka made an ace, it was crystal clear, but the hawk eye showed it was out..

Strange

·
23,064 Posts
Matosevic didn't play nearly as well as the other days, but it was expected, he's not a consistent player after all and his grass record before this tournament was 3-8.

As for Wawrinka, he didn't had to do much. He served very well and capitalised on some Matosevic's mistakes to break serve once in each set.
I notice Stan's strokes on grass lends it to being a grinder type due to his pace of shots being heavy forcing some errors (and unforced too). He seemed quite passive, and didn't utilize the net much. I wonder what new weapon he could bring against Dimitrov as his variety is a big problem.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts

·
23,064 Posts

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

I can not say Wawrinka plays well or bad because no one of his opponents gave him a fight , If he plays Lopez or Stepanek he will have problems. Lopez and Stepanek are the best in this tournament
by now.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
I can not say Wawrinka plays well or bad because no one of his opponents gave him a fight , If he plays Lopez or Stepanek he will have problems. Lopez and Stepanek are the best in this tournament
by now.
Yep, the bold statement is quite true.

However, Lopez is only the best at servebotting and slicing/pushing like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully he will be pummeled by Sexy!

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Stan's grass game has improved over the years.
Nice win against Red Hot Mad dog. Thought he wouldn't be able to continue vs Tsonga after that fall though.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Stan :cheerleader:. I'm happy he's back in the late stages of a tourney again :p. He must recover from that awful RG.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he can go and hate women now he lost. well done stan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts