Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anderson still carrying his excellent form today, but had a brainfart at the TB when he could finished this with 2 serves (**5-4 up) then wasn't able to capitalize. Simon was fighting in the service games, and also really on the return games. Had some tough games but managed to escape. Third Set though there was a loose Simon game (with 2 aggressive returns by Anderson) and gave up the break. Finally Anderson didn't brainfart and hang tough on the game to serve it out. Anderson finally gets more than 250 points in a tournament since his Acapulco run (which he was actually down in the scoreline against Ferrer in the SF there). Also, at least fulfills the seeding from his biggest (#2 which was Stan). The question is does he still have some mental fuel left for tomorrow (bad record at finals).

·
Bring it Home
20,660 Posts
Too bad Dimitrov didn't reached the final too, Anderson would've been the perfect opponent for the repeat. :devil:

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I love watching Gilles but guys like Anderson just kill any fun out of watching. Anderson's serve is just clicking and there isn't much guys can do, Gilles do very well to keep it so tight.

·
Registered
710 Posts
39 Aces... Looks like the superior servers are on their game this grass season

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Anderson will be up to a career high #14 after this tournament. Great week for him; he's been in awesome form.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Deserved win for Anderson, was far better on return than you might expect - but that's been the case for much of this tournament really. I fear he may well undo all his good work in the final, but we'll see.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Anderson has got to be the most boring player in the world to watch but credit to him because he played an amazing match on serve. He was unplayable at times in his service games.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Great tournament from Kevin, backing up his claim he belongs to top 4 best servers on the tour and will get to new career high No.14 on Monday. I think he has good chance in the final vs probably Andy, but really good chance maybe 35-40% chance - but oddss will be clearly on Andy´s side - assuming he takes down Viktor today

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I blame Hewitt for this.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Good riddance!

Should be an interesting final against Grumpy boy.

·
Administrator
9,544 Posts
Underrated :worship:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good chances for Anderson to get his first 500. Just keep the form going ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts