Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nyc 47th? come on. what kind of factors did they take into account?
Countries like Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada are on the rise or at least have stable economics, while countries like the US, GB, Japan, Spain, Italy, etc. are declining.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
have you ever been to new york city? i'd easily rate it as high as berlin, for example. and frankfurt leading amsterdam? there's hardly any place out there more laid-back and fun than amsterdam. frankfurt's a shithole, resembling birmingham or blackpool for the most part. the quality of life has long been outsourced to the suburbs in the taunus. that's where ackermann and the likes reside.

muc, ham and dus are pretty great though, no doubt.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you ever been to new york city? i'd easily rate it as high as berlin, for example.
No, but I'm pretty sure Berlin is a cleaner city, has far more green/parks, has a better school system, a better health care system, a better communicating system, a better traffic system (including highways), is cheaper for families (flat and food), and overall is more relaxed to live in. Actually this is what I heard of everybody who lived in both cities.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
lemme tell you what's really dirty and shite: paris. unlike most brochures might make you believe, except for the tourist destinations the whole city smells and stinks and looks run-down. garbage everywhere, ugly architecture resembling the worst kind of east german flats during the 60s, unfriendly folks, ridiculous pricing - and yet noses up high. i'll never get the worlds' faible for france, sorry. if paris is anything like the rest of the country (and people tell me it is), i'm out, no thanks. having been to paris and new york, bloomberg should consider some kinda lawsuit. paris being ahead of nyc? good lord.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I stopped reading when I saw Columbia,SC was not #1

·
Premium Member
20,524 Posts
lemme tell you what's really dirty and shite: paris. unlike most brochures might make you believe, except for the tourist destinations the whole city smells and stinks and looks run-down. garbage everywhere, ugly architecture resembling the worst kind of east german flats during the 60s, unfriendly folks, ridiculous pricing - and yet noses up high. i'll never get the worlds' faible for france, sorry. if paris is anything like the rest of the country (and people tell me it is), i'm out, no thanks.
:worship::worship::worship:

·
Banned
17,155 Posts
lemme tell you what's really dirty and shite: paris. unlike most brochures might make you believe, except for the tourist destinations the whole city smells and stinks and looks run-down. garbage everywhere, ugly architecture resembling the worst kind of east german flats during the 60s, unfriendly folks, ridiculous pricing - and yet noses up high. i'll never get the worlds' faible for france, sorry. if paris is anything like the rest of the country (and people tell me it is), i'm out, no thanks. having been to paris and new york, bloomberg should consider some kinda lawsuit.
Worst is the stench in the whole subway system, human stench mind you :eek:

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Paris is a really great city. Jealousy :)

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I've heard a lot of negative shit about Vancouver. I'm surprised it's #6. I don't think I know someone who actually has said positive things of the city.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Paris is a really great city. Jealousy :)
been there in 04 for rg. nothing to be jealous of, really. oh, and one more thing, now that i come to reminisce: how bad can a major airport possibly
a)look,
b)handle its passengers and
c)organise its flight schedule?

you wanna see the best of the worst? go to cdg. un-fucking-believable.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
been there in 04 for rg. nothing to be jealous of, really. oh, and one more thing, now that i come to reminisce: how bad can a major airport possibly
a)look,
b)handle its passengers and
c)organise its flight schedule?

you wanna see the best of the worst? go to cdg. un-fucking-believable.
Ok for the airport.

But the city is astonishing. A piece of art.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
i'm not gonna argue with a fellow gasquet fan but i'll just have to respectfully disagree and leave it at that. all i can say is that one trip to paris has pretty much single-handedly burst the whole "french bubble" for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts