N. Mektic - M. Viola (6)

M. Berrer (4) - N. Gombos
M. Draganja (wc) - J. Pospisil
S. Caruso - S. Napolitano (wc)
M. Mitak (wc) - M. Checchinato (5)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Wow Baghdatis and Quinzi in the qualies...I am more than sad I am not livinh in Zagreb anymore to watch this.
Pitty they will not play MD both.

Borna and Quinzi will play two Futures in Zagreb after this.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Baghdatis lost. Just a few months ago at the U.S. Open he gave Wawrinka a very tough match. The wheels have totally fallen off.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Baghdatis wasn't good today, had 62 31 and 62 46 *32 and this wasn't enough for him... Pedja asked for physio in the third set but I didn't see that anything is wrong with him. Baghdatis looked good at some moments, but those moments were really moments (few points). had 2 consecutive break points on 2 Pedja service games in the third set but didn't help.
Quinzi was good, in control from early on...
Kuznetsov also was most of the match in control (except start of the second set, when he was down 0-3). too much for Louk.
Marcan - Cipolla was a wta match. nothing special, first hold of serve decided a winner of the second set
Berrer was very good, hitting hard, very good. I don't know what, but something special is about him and Zagreb
Pospisil took what Draganja offered in the first set. then i left the venue...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Surface is fairly slow again.

Pospisil cruised in 2nd set. No real chances for Draganja, he's a slow mover and that onehanded backhand is unreliable. Though forehand has some firepower in it and serves great. I'm expecting Berrer to steamroll Pospisil.

You missed ultimate junkball fest with Viola and Metkić. Viola is better player, very consistent from backhand side, but no real power. Mektić and his WTA serve were in this just because Viola didn't look later on in the match as sharp in 1st set. Should've closed it in 2.

Last match on main court was Evans and Sikora, but they were moved to court 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts