41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
rain..:scared:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
I think most small tourneys don't even have that many courts to utilize! There are a lot of the little international series tourneys that only have 2 or 3 courts to use, so a schedule like this isn't even feasible.

but it being London, an expectation of rain is certainly a fair one :lol: So it would make sense to try to get as many matches in as humanly possible, in case rain does become a factor.

Though I definitely see why you're not thrilled as a spectator.

·
85,829 Posts
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE James WAS given Gael's WC!

http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/newsstories/05_delgadowc.asp

Britain 's Jamie Delgado has received the final Stella Artois wild card after an LTA play-off with Arvind Parmar , Mark Hilton and Alex Bogdanovic .

James Blake of the United States has also joined the main draw after Frenchman Gael Monfils , who had originally been awarded one of the five wild cards, gained direct entry into the draw on his ranking.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Debstah said:
I think most small tourneys don't even have that many courts to utilize! There are a lot of the little international series tourneys that only have 2 or 3 courts to use, so a schedule like this isn't even feasible.

but it being London, an expectation of rain is certainly a fair one :lol: So it would make sense to try to get as many matches in as humanly possible, in case rain does become a factor.

Though I definitely see why you're not thrilled as a spectator.
For example in eastbourne i believe they use 4 courts! 4-5 courts is about right, then spectators can see at least 3 matches. Anyway still 3 matches is ok :cool:

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I think the problem is that they play 2 rounds in one day... so players have to get time to rest between matches...
if they had used 6 courts for example some players would play their 1st match as 3rd in order, and if matches get long (and with added chance of rain delays) they might finish their match at 6PM and have no time left for the 2nd match... off course they have the option to switch to another court in that case but why not make a schedule that would avoid that possibility if they have 8 courts on site... (and they probably have more because they use courts 9&10...)

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Good Luck tomo alex :sobbing: i cant be there :sobbing: please win :kiss: :hug:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Debstah said:
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE James WAS given Gael's WC!

http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/newsstories/05_delgadowc.asp

Britain 's Jamie Delgado has received the final Stella Artois wild card after an LTA play-off with Arvind Parmar , Mark Hilton and Alex Bogdanovic .

James Blake of the United States has also joined the main draw after Frenchman Gael Monfils , who had originally been awarded one of the five wild cards, gained direct entry into the draw on his ranking.
:haha: Happy for you Debs! :yeah: Will be good to see James in action again on my TV screen...on court that is! :lol:

Glad that Jamie got the final WC - he had deserved it before this week, and he deserves it all the more for winning the PO. Go get 'em Jamie! :yeah: PS - please shave that ghastly beard off!!! Or grow some hair back so that it blends in! :eek:

·
85,829 Posts
You're sweet, Jez.. but don't be happy for me, be happy for James! :p

Hopefully he makes the QF So I'll get to see him toooo.

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
good luck:

BANKS, Andrew
PARMAR, Arvind
MAHUT, Nicolas :D
:worship: SIMON, Gilles :worship:
MARRAY, Jonathan
MERTINAK, Michal
BAKER, Brian :D
NIEMEYER, Frederic
DJOKOVIC, Novak :D
REID, Todd
GALLARDO VALLES, Miguel :D
QURESHI, Aisam-Ul-Haq
DELIC, Amer :D
PEQUERY, Jean-Michel
BOGDANOVIC, Alex

great players here :D

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Good luck to:

SA, Andre BRA
DJOKOVIC, Novak SCG
REID, Todd AUS
QURESHI, Aisam-Ul-Haq PAK
MOTOMURA, Gouichi JPN
BOGDANOVIC, Alex GBR
SUZUKI, Takao JPN
and (7) BASTL, George SUI!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
My reasons for not giving Flanagan a WC to the main draw have now been justified :p

From serving for the opening set at 5/3, he barely won another game. Enough said. :smash:

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
joeb_uk said:
its 7 am, just about to leave for queens :D Ill be back later with lots of photos hopefully to share!!
:bounce: can't wait Joe :kiss:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts