Who I expect to qualify:
Kohlschreiber
Gabashvili
Capdeville
Ilhan

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I think Capdeville beats Simone and Yani beats Cipolla. We'll see what happens there, but both will have less than 24 hours rest from travel. Also Capdeville beat Simone a couple weeks ago on hardcourt.

I think Florent can beat Souza, but I don't think he can beat Ilhan. I really hope he does since he needs to qualify to save his top 100 chances.

I think the second section is the most open, the Ramos/Yang match could be very interesting, but I expect Ramos to take it comfortably. But I think Gaba has too many weapons for Ramos to handle on a quick hardcourt.

Lastly, Kohli should qualify but I can also definitely see him failing, because all the players in his section are decent players. Zemlja in particular, I think can beat Kohli.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Florent served around 40% the second set, but broke Souza back to back times after being broken himself to come from 1-3 down to win the set. That tells me his groundstrokes are working well, but the serve has to improve to beat Ilhan.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Kohli hit back to back double faults and went from 5-*3 to 5-*6 in the first set tiebreaker, but won the final three points to take it 8-6.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Yeah, thats some total shit, according to the stats, and stats don't lie, he is going to lose to de Voest, i don't get it :sad:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
He's gotten back to back easier holds, so we'll see what happens. He can definitely break De Voest, who doesn't have a big serve.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Both have been cruising on serve the end of the set, so it may only take one lost serve point to lose the set and match.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts