Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/329/qs.pdf

for me (as an israeli) it's a shame that sela and Weintraub are playing in the first round because just one of them can continue in the tournament
Sela have better chances to win and maybe qualify but Weintraub is in good form (d. Raonic in the davis) and he should try to qualify to ATP the second time in his carrer (after l. to Bolleli in Bangkok)

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Rainer I think will beat Harrison should they play. Harrison's form has been shaky a bit of recent, and the bottom line is, these Asian events are where Rainer does his best, he needs the points, he should feel a sense of urgency, and these fast courts suit his game more than Ryan's. I'll be extremely disappointed and pissed if Harrison wins. Rainer needs to win and he better handle his business.

I want to believe Karol will qualify, but I guess he'll lose to Chuidinelli which opens the draw for Michi.

I hate Matosevic, but Sweeting is in horrible form, so is Dudi, and Weintraub isn't that good, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't qualify.

Rendy has the best draw of my faves and should qualify without losing a set if he's in good form.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dudi needs the points and he needs wins and confidence, so he better win that match, and really there isn't any excuse that he doesn't.
you was right :Sela def. Weintraub 6-2 6-4
and Matosevic def. Sweeting 6-3 6-2
i have to say that dudi is clear favorite in this match .. he won both 2 matches in the past (both on hard courts), he is ranked better and he have much more experience on the tour
but it's tricky match because the previos matches went to 3 sets (once a tie braker)

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I still expect Matosevic to qualify, but I really hope I'm proven wrong, because Dudi really needs to qualify and Matosevic is awful.

It will depend on how well MM serves, because that's one of the fragile parts of his game.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Everything has thus far gone basically the way I expected it to.

Karol isn't in any form, which I knew when he lost to Soeda. So, I knew he couldn't win here. His serve almost bailed him out in the first set and he had 3 break points the first game of the second set, but just not nearly enough.

Harrison, not surprised he struggled. His form isn't great and I don't think these ultra fast courts in Tokyo suit his game.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Absolute bullshit from Rendy. He's dominated the match based on the stats and had chances in most Ebden's serve games, but now down a break in the third. He was up a mini-break twice in the second set tiebreaker and double-faulted at 5-5 in the breaker. Pathetic, this should be a clear victory over a mediocre opponent.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
So, Rendy wins 14 more points in the match, yet loses. What an embarrassing result, made even more disappointing in the fact there were chances to win matches in the MD for qualifiers. So disappointing, losing to someone like Ebden in an Asian event? Shocking.

And it's all his fault, because he had it in the second set tiebreaker and kept missing the first serve and DF'd it away in the end.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Oh yeah, Rendy also had 15-30 on return and a second serve in the final game. He was the one with ALL the chances. He totally blew it, especially in a situation where the crowd generally supports him being Asian. Extremely dejecting loss, he can't seem to finish the close matches.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts