21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Cañas 7-6 (9) 6-3

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Tim Göransson beat Filip Prpic 0-6 7-5 7-6(1). Göransson was up 5-2 40-15 with Prpic serving in the 3rd, but couldn't take his matchpoints, and Prpic won four straight games (there was also a rain delay at 5-5), serving for the match at 6-5. Then Göransson broke back and took a 5-0 lead in the breaker which he didn't let slip.

Luczak beat Vejmelka 6-3 4-1 with the czech retiring.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Starace def 17 years old Lindell 6-3 6-3, great fight Christian :yeah:

·
124,507 Posts
Luczak *2-0

Vamos Pete move the big Lamine around and finish this quickly.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Canas def. Goransson 6-2 6-0

I watched it from the second set on and Canas was obviously the better player (it finished 6-0 after all). He had the better shots and he stuck to his defensive game while leaving the offense to his opponent. Goransson tried to be the attacking player, but lacked skills to do it missing easy shots and making tons of errors. Canas had the superior movement and serve on the slow courts, but he made nothing impressive and the local player pretty much handed the victory to him.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
sad result...thought that tim will lose this...but that was way too easy..Prpic would have made a better fight of Canas...but he lost to Tim....but otherwise Canas is an ex-top-player !!!

·
124,507 Posts
Hahahahaha, Sommartider what a classic Swedish tune.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Eleskovic are really giving Starace an big fight at the centercourt right now, Ervin are playing great. When you see him play like this you can´t imagine he´s ranked 588 in the world, come on Ervin!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Ervin lost to Peter Torebko 2 weeks ago...Torebko is 800 in the world...Ervin is a real joke....vs good opponents he really plays well...and vs bad opponents he still loses...i believe he still has some talent in him...but maybe his head is too silly??

·
Registered
515 Posts
Starace def. Eleskovic 6-4 6-4

A really good offensive match between the two. I liked Eleskovic with his nice one-handed backhand and attacking game, but unfortuntately he went for too much too often. He had a couple of 0-30 leads on Starace serve and could not take advantage and got broken as a result of some forced shots. Both went for their shots though and the match was entertaining. Starace simply won because of his bigger experience and concentration in the key moments. Eleskovic certainly looks better than his ranking, but I have no other impressions from him apart from today on TV.

·
124,507 Posts
DGT 6-3 6-4
Starace 6-4 6-4

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ervin lost to Peter Torebko 2 weeks ago...Torebko is 800 in the world...Ervin is a real joke....vs good opponents he really plays well...and vs bad opponents he still loses...i believe he still has some talent in him...but maybe his head is too silly??

I fully agree, but he have an new coach now, Fidde Rosengren former coach of Ancic, maybe this can turn him around. Ervin said that Fidde is an hard coach, let´s see in the upcoming weeks. Great fight though.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts