12,997 Posts
6 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 50
7 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 53
8 Serra, Florent FRA 54
:bounce: You all have to make it!!!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Why the heck isn't Ginepri entered in this, he needs four more people to pull out in the main draw and that's unlikely.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
gooo arnaud, and paulo!!

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
If a few people want to withdraw so Novak can play, that'd be swell :)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Grinder said:
Why the heck isn't Ginepri entered in this, he needs four more people to pull out in the main draw and that's unlikely.
I would like to know the same thing...Ginepri is currently ranked #21 in the world...and it would be a crime if he didn't get to play in Madrid because of technicalities... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Good luck to : Chela , CAlleri , Acasuso

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
idolwatcher1 said:
I would like to know the same thing...Ginepri is currently ranked #21 in the world...and it would be a crime if he didn't get to play in Madrid because of technicalities... :rolleyes:
Well chances would be excellent that it's his own fault. So, if he fails to enter himself into qualifying, then that's his problem.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Debstah said:
Well chances would be excellent that it's his own fault. So, if he fails to enter himself into qualifying, then that's his problem.
I have no idea who decides who gets to play for one of the qualifying spots...even if Robby "enters" himself, I would think someone would still have to approve his entry to allow him to compete for a qualifying position...I would think this is out of his control...but I dunno, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff...

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
idolwatcher1 said:
I have no idea who decides who gets to play for one of the qualifying spots...even if Robby "enters" himself, I would think someone would still have to approve his entry to allow him to compete for a qualifying position...I would think this is out of his control...but I dunno, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff...
The entry deadline for qualifying was 9/26 & Ginepri didn't enter:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2402066&postcount=3

·
85,829 Posts
idolwatcher1 said:
As smucav posted, there is a deadline, etc. Perhaps it's not robby HIMSELF that would do the entering (instead it might be a manger or handler or whoever), but it's not out of his control, certainly. And there is no "approval" process... if you're ranked high enough to get on the Qualie list, you get on it. There is no discretion. Regardless, it certainly seems like it is well within his control. Edit to add: Even if it wasn't Robby's own personal mistake, he's the player and he's the one who loses out, so it's certainly his problem!

Another edit to add: He might be able to beg and plead with the tournament to give him one of the WCs into the qualifying... but they are certainly not obligated to grant that.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Debstah said:
As smucav posted, there is a deadline, etc. Perhaps it's not robby HIMSELF that would do the entering (instead it might be a manger or handler or whoever), but it's not out of his control, certainly. And there is no "approval" process... if you're ranked high enough to get on the Qualie list, you get on it. There is no discretion. Regardless, it certainly seems like it is well within his control. Edit to add: Even if it wasn't Robby's own personal mistake, he's the player and he's the one who loses out, so it's certainly his problem!

Another edit to add: He might be able to beg and plead with the tournament to give him one of the WCs into the qualifying... but they are certainly not obligated to grant that.
The list that smucav posted didn't have Ginepri listed as an alternate, but the official site itself says he is one...that's why I was questionable about the list being 100% correct (not to say that's smucav's fault)...but anyway, I'm more concerned with what can be done from this point on...not really whose fault it was that he isn't listed in the qualifying tournament...that's in the past now. I still think...even if this was a Spaniard wanting a wild card or such in a U.S. based tournament, if he was currently one of the Top 21 players, I would want him to play in the tournament there, because he has a better current ATP position than many of the people who already are in the draw for that tournament...If I wanted my tournament to feature the best of the best, then why leave out the current #21 player?...that's kinda my feeling about this right now...But whatever happens, happens...

·
85,829 Posts
The ALT and Qualie lists are not exactly the same. So he could be on the Main Draw ALT list (which he is: http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2327108&postcount=7), and not on the Qualie list (which he is not http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2402066&postcount=3)

Robby will actually be highe than 21 as of tomorrow, he'll be inside the top 20. I don't like him much, but I agree that he deserves, based on his recent play, to be in the tourney. But if he did not enter the Qualie list then it is his own fault and he is the only one to blame.

What can be done from this point on? he can beg for a WC into the qualifying tournament. He can't get one for the Main Draw because he is not in the newspaper's poll for the third WC and the other 2 have been announced. There are 4 WCs for the qualie draw that the tournament can give out. Robby will have to hope they are feeling generous the day they decide those. Outside of getting a WC into the Qualifying tournament, I don't see a whole lot he can do.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Debstah, I can tell you don't like him much, I can read between the lines ;) ...I'm not aware of your reason(s), but anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens in the next week...I will, of course, be looking to see if appears in the tournament somehow...because I hope he does

·
85,829 Posts
I don't DISlike him, I just haven't been able to warm up to him, there's nothing secret or bizarre or unusual. I try to support the American guys b/c I'm a patriotic American but he just doesn't really interest me at all - game or personality-wise. But it's nothing bad lol. I've seen him in person and he seems perfectly nice enough to other players and fans and kids and whatever, he just doesn't make me go "Wow Yay!" lmao

He could also get in off the MD ALT list if a whole ton of people above him pull out - that seems like a stretch so I think he has to hope and beg for a Qualie WC. And he very well might get one, and then he'd be the #1 seed in qualifying I imagine, and I doubt he'd have much difficulty qualifying.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
so I'm guessing his 'underdog' quality doesn't attract you at all...Besides being a patriotic supporter myself, I tend to be attracted to players who have a humble quality to them, who still work hard to go after something even while they may go largely ignored or undetected...You can tell players around the world respect him by what they say about him, from Andy Roddick to Guillermo Coria, etc., and some don't even seem to mind losing to him! That says something to me...But to each their own :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts