OWSIAN, Kacper POL - (WC)POZIOMSKI, Pawel POL
(WC)SEKULA, Michal POL - (WC)PITER, Jakub POL
SYREWICZ, Pawel POL - (7)DARCIS, Steve BEL

(4)PASHANSKI, Boris SRB - ROMANOWSKI, Artur POL
(WC)SZEREMETA, Slawomir POL - MINAR, Ivo CZE
(WC)LIPKA, Dariusz POL - (WC)GRUSIECKI, Andrzej POL
DOLGOPOLOV JR., Oleksandr UKR - (5)CUEVAS, Pablo URU

* there are 19 players from poland in qualifying
* 11 of them received a wild card (can they do that? hand out so much wild cards????)
* 5 QR1's showed poland-poland
* 5 of the 19 polish guys are going to QR2, coincidence? ;)
* the 3 WC's for the main draw are going to .... yep :p

this (pre-)tournament clearly is a joke no?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"all poles who faced a foreign adversery are out of the tournament with one or two games to their name"

omg, pathetic :eek:
why giving away so many wild cards?????

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
The tournament organizer should cut down this qualifications from 32 to 16 players = fucked up all these pathetic Polish juniors with no heart to play.
Only three Poles in qualifications is completely enough; in a lucky draw two of them will meet each other and one lucky mug will play in the final round of qualies :D

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
The tournament organizer should cut down this qualifications from 32 to 16 players = fucked up all these pathetic Polish juniors with no heart to play.
Only three Poles in qualifications is completely enough; in a lucky draw two of them will meet each other and one lucky mug will play in the final round of qualies :D
:rolleyes:

·
Banned
86 Posts
Polish tennis is crap too, you wouldn't mind if they were actually a tennis nation worth talking about :lol:

But hey Wimbledon waste too many WC on middle aged journeymen from UK, so I guess it's nothing new.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Poland is an awesome country best place ive been. we ent there for bout a month on holiday and stayed with some friends my dad met on a work trip. So cool how i was only 14 and the firework shop guy was letting me buy anything. Mini bombs even. that would never happen here dam government banned all fireworks. Polish tennis is alright in the womens though isnt it. But yeah 19/32 thats worse then what the US does i think

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Poland is an awesome country best place ive been. we ent there for bout a month on holiday and stayed with some friends my dad met on a work trip. So cool how i was only 14 and the firework shop guy was letting me buy anything. Mini bombs even. that would never happen here dam government banned all fireworks. Polish tennis is alright in the womens though isnt it. But yeah 19/32 thats worse then what the US does i think
:lol:
Last year it was 20/32 and of course none of them qualified to the main draw :eek:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Poles are in their right to do it! :) :p They want their tennis to be better, I don't see the problem with it
Unfortunately we haven't any progress:
2001: 14/25
2002: 19/32
2003: 17/32 -> the first case that a Pole reached the main draw :rolls:
2004: 8/32
2005: 26/32 (!!!) -> second to the main draw
2006: 20/32
2007: 19/32

And almost every time 0-6 or 1-6 in at least one set when a Pole played against a foreigner :eek:

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
I always had big fun attending these matches with Poles. Or they were good to take a break and have a coffee.

Sopot actually as for a small tournament in the bad calendar date has always really strong main draw, so I'd disagree with you Jaap. Of course, question is how these big names play later on and the massive tank of Russian team before the Olympics was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in tennis. But it's not bad for the public, I say from personal experience. They watch these big names in the first and second round, and later fall in love with a noob, like Chucho, Nadal, Monfils - and support them only.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts