Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gerasimov is at his highest ranking ever at 71, so is Ruusuvuori at 101. Gerasimov just made what is I presume his first ever final in a kinda weak Pune field. Emil just defeated Lukas Lacko in straights but before that came of losses to Norbert Gambos and Barrere, players of similar quality to Gerasimov. Emils loss to Gambos was allegedely due to some physical problems. Barrere might just have been too good, I dont know.

Emil is clear favourite at 1.61. The markets have pretty nicely followed his success. After following Emil closely last year i was hoping for some easy money on people undervaluing him, but I guess the Thiem win made it clear to everyone how good he was. Before that Davis cup against Austria I guess not many knew how good he was. I watched him live the day before he beat Thiem and was immediately struck by his quality. He just hits that forehand so well, flat or with variety with nice placement and controls the ball so nicely. In pure hitting contests he is sick, put when he is bamboozled with change of pace, slices, intelligent point contruction, top defense he can be outmatched even if he is at peak level. His game is a bit dependant on his serve which is up and down. But when he is on his aggressive game and serving is basically top 30 level. I could easily see him beat someone like Carreno Busta or even wawrinka and Thiem again if he is in form. He has been a bit up and down so far this season. Pretty much on par, been playing as a low top 100 player, one challenger final and a R2 at an atp 250 both of whom he could have won.

He hasnt had the benefit the 1.5 year younger Sinner had had of wunder kid status and wild cards thrown at him. Sinner has had a bad season except in Rotterdam. Shit is so much easier if you dont have to do the hard work at the challenger tour.

Anyway, what do you think of the Ruusuvuori vs Gerasimov as match up

·
Registered
26,106 Posts
The French ATP events really hate Mondays? So often no streams available...

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
The French ATP events really hate Mondays? So often no streams available...
This is only a qualifying match which don't usually have streams. Some tournaments like Sofia stream their qualifying matches but most ATP tournaments do not not start streaming until the main tournament starts.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Verdammt! 4-6 7-6 (8) 7-6(8) win for Gerasimov, not shameful, but would have expected an Emil win. I keep expecting too much from him.

Emil really not a clutcher it would seem. Never the less he is still 36th in the race, mostly on the back of his one challenger final I guess. Next up dubai qualies, a lot of hard opponents there like Kohli and Mikael Ymer.

If he makes it to the main draw there are lots of guys like Federer, Djockovic etc who would be nice to see him play

EDIT: apparently missed the fact that Emil got in as a LL in the main draw, playing Pospisil

·
Registered
26,106 Posts
This is only a qualifying match which don't usually have streams. Some tournaments like Sofia stream their qualifying matches but most ATP tournaments do not not start streaming until the main tournament starts.
Stop it there were no main draw streams yesterday either. French Mondays are a thing. Or like in Metz when they didn't stream the first match on center court, but on court 1 they did.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
uhhh the salt :LOL: put it right here on my steak
the Finnish flag indicates Suckuvuori is a compatriot of yours? well learn to be objective. I am not hesitant to admit Thiem played like shit when he lost to your boy ;-)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uhhh the salt :LOL: put it right here on my steak
the Finnish flag indicates Suckuvuori is a compatriot of yours? well learn to be objective. I am not hesitant to admit Thiem played like shit when he lost to your boy ;-)
In fact I watched that match live. Thiem was virtually peaking, yet was no match for Goatuvuori. Thiem can count himself lucky Emil wasnt present at the world tour finals

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
In fact I watched that match live. Thiem was virtually peaking, yet was no match for Goatuvuori. Thiem can count himself lucky Emil wasnt present at the world tour finals
He's (teamthiem) actually not a Domi fan (the username is just a part of the trolling strategy), so don't read too much into anything that he says on this subject, or anything else actually.

What he can do is troll, and I have to admit he can do it pretty well, so that's all we should care about here.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's (teamthiem) actually not a Domi fan (the username is just a part of the trolling strategy), so don't read too much into anything that he says on this subject, or anything else actually.

What he can do is troll, and I have to admit he can do it pretty well, so that's all we should care about here.
Like with Rommel, the desert fox, you have to appreciate the craft even tho you are on the other side

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Stop calling him Domi wtf he is not your buddy typical Sanders supporter at it again and jojjeshruk hitting on that Murray girl haha embarrasing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts