Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a quality match at all. Djoker had day off at the office and still won this. In first set both of them served for the set and blew it. From 44 points that Wawa won in first set 32 were UE's from Nole + 1 DF. In second set huge battles for Wawa's serve games, Nole reduced his ue's and Stan increased them. Wawrinka called a medical time out cause he had abdominal problems. I doubt Djoker can win either against Rafa or Blake with this kind of display.

·
Registered
771 Posts
IW QF: Djokovic def. Wawrinka 7-6(5) 6-2

Not really the best match for Novak but a win's a win. :wavey:

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Djokovic def. Stan "the clown" Wawrinka 7-6(5) 6-2

What a disgusting match! Full of UEs and choking.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
QF : Djokovic - Wawrinka 7:6 6:2

Long, but somehow entertaining match (some rallies were amazing). Djoko was clearly not at his best and Stan has always been not an easies matchup for him

TB was the key, Djoko prevailed and started to play more confident tennis, while Stan simply ran out of gas

Stats
DJOKOVIC WAWRINKA
Aces 8 1
DF 1 1
Winners 29 14
UEs 44 30
BPs 5/15 3/6
Total 84 69

Nadal/Blake next

·
Registered
770 Posts
This match was brought to you by the letters U and E, and by the number oodles.

Those poor spectators who paid money to see that heinousness.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Re: IW QF: Djokovic def. Wawrinka 7-6(5) 6-2

tt where was that backhand novak? left it in the locker room?

still a win's a win

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Pathetic match. I hope Djoker gets Nadal instead of Blake. He seems to take the very top players more seriously and plays carefully against them. I can't understand why sometimes he is so sloppy against the Wawrinkas and Santoros.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Stan is useless. Nole hands him the match, but he keeps on choking.
Difference between a GS contender and a 1st week camper. The 1st camper always finds a way to screw up.

I won't tell Stan to retire, but maybe he should become a doubles player.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Tie-break record before this match in the ATP Tour:

Djokovic 63-22 (.741)
Wawrinka 31-51 (.378)

The best tie-break player in the Top 30 against the worst in the Top 30. It says a lot about the first set of this match and about set point for Djokovic...

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
That was one of the worst match I've seen at IW this year.
Wawa ahead 3-1, then down 5-3 then breaks and serves for the set at 6-5, I won't even mention the TB :rolls:
Special mention for the volleying skills displayed tonight :worship:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
First swiss down

This Sunday the other swiss

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Fun match with some great rallies and even better points at net :worship: Congrats to both :)

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Pretty bad play from both players, especially in the first set. The second set had some better points but still to many errors to really make it a high-quality match.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Djokovic probably played the worst match of his career and still won. Wawrinka was flat. I guess everyone is allowed to have a crappy day, but Djoko has to get serious in his next match.

·
Registered
270 Posts
AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: They should have paid us viewers money for enduring this crappy match!

I had hoped to never see Novak in such bad shape again after witnessing his tank job vs. Santoro in Bercy last year. Hard to believe Wawrinka couldn't capitalize on all those UEs, especially in set 1. Hope Novak recharges big time before Saturday.:help:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts