Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three matches this week will have Q vs. Q

Do you agree

A) It should not be allowed happen as its an easier draw on paper for a Q than q MD entrant l

Or

B) They deserve the opportunity after coming through qualies

Or

C) Mind my own buisness

·
Your visions will happen
48,551 Posts
It is random, it happens. Sometimes a qualifier is a tougher match because he is already match tough

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Non-seeded players should always be randomly assigned imo, because then they get the same treatment as the other players instead of being punished for qualifying.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
"It's fine, keep it random" was my original answer, but as I was ready to write something like that, this topic reminds me of the rare occurrences where a LL beats a Q a day (or two) after that Q beat the LL in the qualifying event. Q already beat LL, Q shouldn't have to go through this opponent again. But then, on paper LL is the easiest opponent Q could draw (because he's an LL and Q already knows how to beat LL), so, you could say that if Q can't beat LL twice, Q was supposed to lose in that round. So, long story short: keep the variety and draw them randomly. It's fine, keep it random.

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
It seems to happen an awful lot, and of course makes no sense for seeded/better players to get tougher draws than players below them

·
justice for all
15,134 Posts
It seems to happen an awful lot [....]
Dunno, maybe it’s just the subjective feeling. We would need to compare the stats vs probability on a big sample size in order to check whether it does happen too often indeed or rather in line with expected probability.

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
C)

Close this thread. What a useless addition to this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts