Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Prakash. I know he recently came back from a wrist injury that kept him out from a few months and won three straight futures in India, but now it looks like he's really finding some form. He won three matches to qualify and then beat Ilia Bozoljac and now Sco to make his first (?) ATP quarterfinal.

Does anyone else remember the last time an Indian has made the quarterfinal of an ATP event? Unfortunately it looks like his run will end here with Nicolas Mahut in the next round.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
India-Pak Final would be funny for so many reasons.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
^ :lol: Good on ya Prakash :rocker2: Hope he can follow in his Dad's footsteps. Good luck against Mahut :bounce:

·
Registered
981 Posts
sweet! I was waiting all day for this result.

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't Rohan Bopanna advance a couple rounds in a India tournament last year?

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Congrats Prakash. I know he recently came back from a wrist injury that kept him out from a few months and won three straight futures in India, but now it looks like he's really finding some form. He won three matches to qualify and then beat Ilia Bozoljac and now Sco to make his first (?) ATP quarterfinal.

Does anyone else remember the last time an Indian has made the quarterfinal of an ATP event? Unfortunately it looks like his run will end here with Nicolas Mahut in the next round.
Might have been Paes in Newport in 1999.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts