·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a performance

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Berankis will have nightmares over that missed volley on match point. He had the whole court available...

·
Registered
20,720 Posts
Amazing stuff.

Somewhat unexpected clutchness from Vesely at the end down 3-6.

Berankis didn't do too bad on the MP's, the one volley was tricky, still should have made it though.

I prefer Vesely as winner as more consistent player and reliable threat, Berankis would have looked funny with 20 QF's, 4 semis and 3 finals out of those even though he had a 4-16 record at the QF stage. However, I do feel for him since he's mentally a vulnerable player and this must have hurt, and he did quite good to set up those 3 match points. It visibly hurt him.

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No disrespect intended but the fact we're in for a Vesely v Gerasimov/Duckworth final is every reason why this tournament should not be an ATP event.

·
Registered
20,720 Posts
No disrespect intended but the fact we're in for a Vesely v Gerasimov/Duckworth final is every reason why this tournament should not be an ATP event.
Gerasimov and Vesely would be well capable of a 250 final at some point in their careers

Reactions: eiforya and FelipeL

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Gerasimov and Vesely would be well capable of a 250 final at some point in their careers
Yeah, and Vesely already won Auckland in 2015 beating two top 20 players (Gulbis and Anderson) on the way. He probably wouldn't be making the final at a typical ATP tournament playing at his level this week though?

Reactions: Manu_ser

·
Registered
21,019 Posts
I used to think of Vesely as a mental midget, but in certain situations and matches he has still showed some balls of steel too. This match should have been no exception from that phenomena.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, what a scoreline! Three tie-breaks! Must be the longest match of the season so far. Though I have never heard of either name, I'm happy for the winner. Congratulations to whoever won it. It must feel so good to him, especially winning in such an epic way. Is this his first title? If so, welcome to the winning club!

·
Registered
20,720 Posts
Wow, what a scoreline! Three tie-breaks! Must be the longest match of the season so far. Though I have never heard of either name, I'm happy for the winner. Congratulations to whoever won it. It must feel so good to him, especially winning in such an epic way. Is this his first title? If so, welcome to the winning club!
I'm still not sure if this is a troll acc....

·
Registered
11,879 Posts
I guess anyone who chooses to spend a week in Pune instead of the south of France deserves some sort of reward, no offence intended of course.
That's an ignorant comment even for you. Have you even been to Pune? It's a very nice, vibrant city and it would be my favourite place to live in India.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts