Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
It was the biggest joke of a match and choke from Chung.

Chung was up 5-1 with double break. And yet managed to screw up serving for the set twice to get broken back to 5-5. Chung breaks back only to fail to serve out the match again and lose horribly in the tiebreak. He never really recovered from that and seems like he couldnt focus mentally

Completely inexcusable. I dont get where he is going. Seems to have regresssed since first half of 2018.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Loving this result. Gulbis had a shaky first match yesterday against Pedro Sousa, losing the second set in ridiculous fashion. Would be great if he could go deep here and collect enough points to get to a ranking with which he'll be able to play all the big events right away.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Fightbis destroying Chung mentally. :sport:

No idea what happend, maybe Chung checked out too early in the first set, obviosuly thinking he had that in the bag. Gulbis also raised his level (he had an abysmal start) and in the 2nd set he played well and with confidence. But that first set collapse from Chung was tragic.

Well, I don't care. Happy for Ernie.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Player with the better looking FH technique won.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
The Tennis Channel only switched to his match just before he won it. So I got to see him win which I guess is the most important part. The Tennis Channel's TV coverage just jumps from Tournament to Tournament to Tournament etc. Not an ideal way to watch tennis IMHO.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Glad Gulbis won but seems Chung imploding in the opening set contributed greatly to the result :explode:

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Like I said, Gulbis is probably the most talented player ever.

He's destroying these next genners. Could do big damage this year.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Judging by his results and the results of the players who beat him, Thiem must be in absolute trash form atm. Makes me glad I didn't watch any of his matches

Good result for Gulbis though, maybe he can even win the title here

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
It was the biggest joke of a match and choke from Chung.

Chung was up 5-1 with double break. And yet managed to screw up serving for the set twice to get broken back to 5-5. Chung breaks back only to fail to serve out the match again and lose horribly in the tiebreak.
:weirdo:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Chung was as overhyped as it gets when he beat slumping Novak last year at AO. And he is yet to win a title. With his injury-proneness and average game, his realistic ranking spot is around 40-50.

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Congrats Ernests!:banana: Can't see him going past Karlovic though sadly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts