Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anderson saving tennis at last.

Nice comeback from 2-5 down in the final set TB.

From 4-5 on: FH pass winner (easy), BH pass winner (relatively difficult), ace

·
Registered
91 Posts
Super match. Anderson returned great, Karlovic volleyed insane. Didn’t do much wrong in the tie break, just could find the first serves. Karlovic playing well enough to cause big upset at the open

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,623 Posts
Ivo lost by serve volleying on second serves from 5-4 up in that TB. Too big a risk especially going to Kevin's forehand both times.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Poor Ivo, he played so freaking well and was so clutch up until that massive point from Anderson at 2-5 in the tiebreak.

Good week for him though after last seasons slump

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
I feel bad for Dr Ivo. Should have used the challenge at 5-2. He tightened up after that and couldn't find his 1st serve. Well done for Kevin. Hope his has a great, injury free 2019.

·
23,063 Posts
As much as it would be quite a story to see someone as long-running as Dr. Ivo to win an ATP title, there's just something great seeing Anderson win a match in a clutch, knowing his history before, and now has confidence to maybe try to actually get a Slam win.

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
A wonderful day again to see midgets win against the the tall servebots

In all seriousness it was a great final and Kev finally won his Pune title. #6 for KAndy :worship:

Unimaginable like a year and a half ago. What a great comeback

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
I must say why did Anderson play Pune? Hes a bit of a vulture isn’t he.
No idea if winning his sixth title in India should be considered vulturing if it's one/two week(s) before a Slam as prep.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I'm really glad for Kevin. He improved so much in his game over the last two years .Mr.Vice President is an all round nice guy.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Ivo played an insane volley to go 5-2 up in the tiebreak, I thought that would be the match winning shot. He couldn't get the 1st serve in play on the last two serves but well done to Anderson for being so composed

1 - 20 of 31 Posts