Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
Joined
·
52,208 Posts
Mariano had just played 3, long, 3-set matches - including 2 that were ended by a stressful final set tie-break. Not surprisingly he was tired - mentally and physically. He also took part in a DC semi-final tie in Europe last week-end, where he retired from one match with a wrist injury. So instead of laughing at the "bagel" and suggesting "doping" :zzz: - why not give the guy some credit for flying half way across the world and honouring his contract and commitments by taking part in this event, instead of crying "injury" and dropping out like many others would have done. Get well soon Mariano :hug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,626 Posts
It was not the toughest draw at this tournament for him, but I still would not have expected Puerta to make it that far. It was still a little bit of a surprising result for me. The scoreline itself in this match against Björkman is a total joke of course, but okay, he made the semifinal and that's good for him.
 

·
Occasional Visitor
Joined
·
52,208 Posts
Neely said:
It was not the toughest draw at this tournament for him, but I still would not have expected Puerta to make it that far. It was still a little bit of a surprising result for me. The scoreline itself in this match against Björkman is a total joke of course, but okay, he made the semifinal and that's good for him.
It was actually the first time he had ever made a semi final in a hard court event - so thanks for your supportive words Neely - and please give the guy a break people.

And wonder whether "bad thoughts" about doping were in the minds of every other player that has ever been "bagelled" :rolleyes: - and that includes Roddick, Hewitt and almost any other player you care to mention at some time in their careers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,913 Posts
see this is the problem when ambiguous reports come out with no names given...speculation starts and u get threads like this :rolleyes:
 

·
Yes, I am
Joined
·
21,208 Posts
Rosie said:
It was actually the first time he had ever made a semi final in a hard court event - so thanks for your supportive words Neely - and please give the guy a break people.
Exactly, at the beggining of the year suggesting that Mariano would make semifinals in a hardcourt tourney or even win a match would have been labelled as non-sense...he's developed his game in other non clay courts and that's important.
 

·
Miss Thang
Joined
·
36,083 Posts
~EMiLiTA~ said:
see this is the problem when ambiguous reports come out with no names given...speculation starts and u get threads like this :rolleyes:
I assure you, there will be more where this one came from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,224 Posts
Puerta :lol:
one game against the good old Bjorkman :) :p
I can't stop laughing about that :rolls:
(yes, I'm a hater when I can laugh and roll about such things, but I wondering how people would laugh when another player like Roddick (on clay?) or Coria would have lost like that. So first think if you are better! :) )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,234 Posts
not a surprise. he almost got beat three times already this tournament by crappy players. the first decent player he faces on a non-clay surface, he gets crushed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,603 Posts
He was knackered and sore, and probably not all that bothered about the result...another tournament next week and a rest until Wednesday...he was probably looking forward to his bed ;)
 

·
on clouds...
Joined
·
13,407 Posts
:bigclap: for Jonas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,581 Posts
JONAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top