Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching some of Nadal/Ferrer (QF) RG 2014 I started to think about this. They had played the previous year RG final but ended up playing on Suzanne Lenglen. I think Murray/Monfils clash was favoured ahead of them, but not sure.

How common is this? What I mean is a former final of the event being played again - this time before final - but they end up on a lesser court.

Probably more common in lesser events so interested about the big ones.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking for these.

With the Nishikori/Cilic (QF) USO 2018 match being played on Arthur Ashe I have to think that the RG 2014 has to be the only - atleast since 2010 or so?

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
After watching some of Nadal/Ferrer (QF) RG 2014 I started to think about this. They had played the previous year RG final but ended up playing on Suzanne Lenglen. I think Murray/Monfils clash was favoured ahead of them, but not sure.

How common is this? What I mean is a former final of the event being played again - this time before final - but they end up on a lesser court.

Probably more common in lesser events so interested about the big ones.
La Monf is French.

They were treated to a bizarre 5 set classic which involved a completely gassed Murray serving the bakery (I think) to Clownfis in the 5th set.

Reactions: Murray Mint

·
Premium Member
11,503 Posts
Monflis is high quality entertainment about 50 percent of the time. So they rolled the dice....

Plus watching Nadal vs. Ferrer is what they call "Never in doubt"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts