Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the press conference after the match with Tsonga, the first question came from a reporter who was reading Novak's book, " Serve to win ."

"This has nothing to do much with the match , but you wrote a great book , the war situation described is very touching . I wanted to ask you if you would say something more about the sentence which I think is very powerful , " Once you realise that you are truly helpless,that feeling replace with certain feeling of freedom - accepting own weakness is incredibly liberating ," asked the reporter , and Novak answered :

"War is something I would not wish for any human being, that sense of the war and a sense of being powerless . There's nothing you can do if there are air strikes , like we had for two and a half months . We just prayed that the agony will cease as soon as possible - many civilians were killed , many people lost their homes , a number of things have not been rebuilt even today , " Djokovic said , adding :

" From personal experience , no matter how much it was destructive , it was also useful for my mental strength . It has shaped my personality in an amazing way, after that I had little fears for everything else. When you fear for the life of your loved ones and your own life , there is not much else to be feared after . "

So I'd say that now , in the middle of your career , resistance(hardiness) is one of your greatest quality ?

"Yes, resistance , and general faith , faith in a better tomorrow . Also , I can appreciate all that I now have in my life, because I know how it is when you do not and you move from zero.I try to not take anything for granted. It is a true blessing that I can play a sport that I love. Two years in a row I was the first in the world and winning Grand Slams" , "said Djokovic .

Novak in the quarterfinals at Roland Garros game with Milos Raonic .

Source http://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/vesti.php?yyyy=2014&mm=06&dd=02&nav_id=855881

Ace have competition .

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Re: [Press Conference]Novak Djokovic- "Bombing have strengthen my character"

Did Djokovic just say he's first in the world?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I may translate stuff bad. But I can't find particular sentence of yours.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

Better translation: "I try to not take anything for granted. It is a true blessing that I can play a sport that I love. Two years in a row I was the first in the world and winning Grand Slams".

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Better translation: "I try to not take anything for granted. It is a true blessing that I can play a sport that I love. Two years in a row I was the first in the world and winning Grand Slams".
Thank you. I'll fix.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

the States 'can' bomb anything. Russia too. What a wonderful world.

some small counties in Africa can't afford to feed their children. Russia and America can afford to fuck around like there is no tomorrow.

Both countries are wasting billions/gazillions of dollars for nothing.

China is coming too. Sell more freaking bonds or keep printing more money.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Nice one from Novak.

Hopefully this can help him to win more Slams and be the #1.

·
Registered
425 Posts

the States 'can' bomb anything. Russia too. What a wonderful world.

some small counties in Africa can't afford to feed their children. Russia and America can afford to fuck around like there is no tomorrow.

Both countries are wasting billions/gazillions of dollars for nothing.

China is coming too. Sell more freaking bonds or keep printing more money.
This is probably not the place... but...

States and Canada (along with some European countries) depend on resources from other world countries.

That is why "you" bomb "us".

They print money to buy those resources, and use muscle to ensure dollar is valuable currency.

IT is easy as that.

But you people are just not ready to downgrade your lifestyle to realistic level so you keep a blind eye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts