Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will have the best 2021?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think these guys will fare in the upcoming season and which tournaments do you predict will go to each of them?

Thiem

Medvedev

Tsitsipas

Zverev
Zverev Tames Anderson Challenge In US Open Opener - Tennis Now

Rublev
Andrey Rublev wins Erste Bank Open, clinches spot in ATP Finals

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I picked Medvedev, the only other true option is Thiem, I don't see Tsitsipas, Zverev, or Rublev being quite there yet, if ever!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I think Thiem, I think on slower higher bouncing hard courts he'll have the edge on Medvedev, on clay as well of course. I really think 3 of the slams play into Thiem's hands now, with AO speed being slowed down; the faster courts like Cinci, Shanghai, Paris & WTF the edge is with Medvedev.

Reactions: paca

·
9,533 Posts
Too hard to say.

Medvedev suspect clay
Thiem suspect grass
Zverev and Rublev not great on grass

So I will go with the one man who is pretty great on all 3(grass might seem not but it will be)

TSITSIPAS

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Please define "better," according to you.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Heart says Thiem. Head says Stef - I think he’s ready to put it together.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heart says Thiem. Head says Stef - I think he’s ready to put it together.
I hope Tsitsipas breaks through in a big way this year, love his attacking game, but I have been more impressed with Medvedev's combination of power off the serve, speed and defensive skill as of late.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
For those touting Thiem, the fact is he’s had far too few prominent Grass matches outside 2016 Stuttgart SF vs Fed & losing to Birdshit in 4th round at WB as best showing there ain’t exactly impressive. I lean toward Tsitsi having best all rounded game if he brings his ROS up a few notches.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
For those touting Thiem, the fact is he’s had far too few prominent Grass matches outside 2016 Stuttgart SF vs Fed & losing to Birdshit in 4th round at WB as best showing there ain’t exactly impressive. I lean toward Tsitsi having best all rounded game if he brings his ROS up a few notches.
That's all well & good but grass only makes up two tournaments of a top players season; it's hardly going to have a large impact...

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
WB is the most prestigious tourn. in the world (compensating for less Grass tourn.) & clearly put Fed on the map & the reason for being most famous active player.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts