Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A healthy, happy "useful" Youzhny will thrash the bumrooter from Mallorca in 2 easy sets. Too bad of a matchup for poor Rafito here on hardcourts.

Reactions: TMJordan and Mateya

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
A healthy, happy "useful" Youzhny will thrash the bumrooter from Mallorca in 2 easy sets. Too bad of a matchup for poor Rafito here on hardcourts.
You can't imagine how much I hope you're right :D

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Just yesterday didn't you say Nadal was "unbeatable" by even Federer? :smash:

Dude. You need help. :lol:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think he has a fair chance of winning. Hes number two for a reason, and has been adapting to non clay courts very well.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah until Rafito stops camping 10ft behind the baseline, he'll never adapt to hardcourts. He has to zealously stay on the baseline to have a chance at beating top hard-court players. Also he needs to shorten that big, loopy swing.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Wishful thinking. Youzhny needs some GodMode to do so, and that's veeery unlikely
BTW : take a look at TMS Paris 07 results

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I think there's at least a chance of this happening! I love that Misha is in the semis and has a strong chance of going up against Nadal in the finals - always a good test of form. He beat him twice in a row on hard courts not that long ago, so anything is possible. Davai.

Reactions: Svetlana.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Its a pretty even sort of a contest 55:45 in favor of Nadal maybe.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah, Youzhny is definitely not the "strong favorite" in this match that he would have been at this time last year. Nadal didn't hold the trophy anywhere after Wimbledon (save Stuttgart on clay) but he didn't have the uncharacteristic losses so frequently either. And, he did smoke Youzhny in Paris, as has already been noted.

He did play a little farther back than I'd like during stretches against GGL, but all-around he looked very solid and aggressive.

I'm calling Nadal in straight sets (IF they both make the final). I also think the match with Moya could get stickier than Nadal would like...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Youzhny's crafty, I'll give him that. But his game tends to get streaky, he doesn't close matches well, and Rafa's dogged determination and consistency will bother him.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Not this time

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
FedClown_2029, please, spare yourself the embarrassment and just SHUT UP.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
go youzhny!!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts