Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a feeling. It'll be sad for Federer to not know if that's going to be his last Wimbledon final and he goes out with a 5 set loss, but Del Potro will deserve to experience this.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Please send me your crystal ball.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Hippie prediction. Del po still has a hellish of a draw ahead and you throw that so lightly. I want some of what you're smoking, man.:cool

It'll do me some good.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
LOL Dulltards desparately calling for someone to upset Federer. Not gonna be Del Potro this time, since without a backhand he's no threat to Dull.
I expect Dull manages to make the final with this pathetic draw, and get his deserved annihilation there. I don't mind if Federer gets back to YE#1 or not as long as he beats Dull once again in slam final.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Wow... seems some Fedfans hate Del Potro even more than Rafa. I can sense their fear of Delpo. Priceless.
Fear? I'm realistic about Del Potro. Del Potro will NEVER win a slam again, ever. Never in a million years. He already overachieved winning that USO.

Btw doesn't matter if he'll beat Roger in Wimbledon because he has no belief against Nadal. Won't take a set. Won't get to Roger.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Fear? I'm realistic about Del Potro. Del Potro will NEVER win a slam again, ever. Never in a million years. He already overachieved winning that USO.

Btw doesn't matter if he'll beat Roger in Wimbledon because he has no belief against Nadal. Won't take a set. Won't get to Roger.
Sadap you twat. Nothing to do with belief if you got no backhand, same as Federer didn't have before - just hard to compete well against moonballer with relentless tactic.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

A few years ago you would say Del Potro would never make a GS SF again or return to no. 4. He might easily end up winning the USO this year. Rafa and Federer will stop dominating slams sooner rather than later and if someone steps in Del Potro is one of the best candidates since the young gen is not ready yet.

·
10,282 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Not really bold, he is one of the favorites to make the final.
He really shouldn't be. His movement on grass is not good. However, with the field being soft last couple of seasons mental robustness means even more than before and he has plenty of that. Still a huge stretch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rafa and Federer will stop dominating slams sooner rather than later and if someone steps in Del Potro is one of the best candidates since the young gen is not ready yet.
Andre Agassi said that 9 years ago (you can find the quote pretty easily with a Google search). How well has that decade-old prediction worked out so far?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts