·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Obviously Federer.

Rafa will take a 5 months vacation.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
between Roger and Rafa and it will depend how much will Rafa miss, if Canada, Cinci or also USO, if he won´t be at USO that´s alot of points so 0 for Rafa and Roger can take 1200 being seeded 2nd. don´t think Rafa will easily outpefrom point wise Roger in post-USO season with ASia and european Indoors

RAfa 6650
Roge 4570

Canada-Cinci-USO, even if Roger would make SF-SF-SF it would be 1440 points, but let´s say he makes SF-F-F that´s 2160 which gaves him small lead over Rafa with Beijing/Tokyo - Shanghai- BAsel/Valenci - Paris - WTF left

·
Registered
226 Posts
Obviously it will be the Greatest #2 player of all time, it is what he does best and that is being #2 regardless of era (hint: name contains 'dull')

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Too soon to say, IMO; way too many variables. Nadal's huge lead could make up for the two Masters that he will miss, but Federer could do better at the U.S. Open and the indoor hard court season....but he would have to do significantly better.

I think the safe choice would be Nadal.

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
I'll put money on Nole to do no worse than second.
He's normally just too consistent.
Now after the baby is born, one is not sure what he will do. Their new baby is more important than tennis for a couple of months (uh, more important period, but you know what I mean :) ).
But I think he'll have enough points by then to be able to coast for the rest of the year anyway.
Of course we will know more after the US Open.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
6,148 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
should be nadal

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I could see Federer grabbing up #2 if he had a great indoor season.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Rankings after 2014 WTF

1) Nadal
2) Mugray
3) Fraud
4) Crocodilovic
5) Twitter GOAT
6) Asteriskwinka
7) Botnic
8) Pushikori