Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa has suspended Bernardes from Chair Umpire duties for the foreseeable future because of a difference of opinion on the rules between Himself and Bernardes.

Rafa and the ATP believe Bernardes is a good umpire and a good man, but only when umpiring the other players of the tour. For Rafa matches however, Rafa and the ATP still think Bernardes is a good man, but as an umpire, not so much.

As Rafa himself said, he thinks that the current separation between the two is "good for me, but also good for him (Rafa is magnanimous)."

When do you predict that Rafa will instru-- rather, petion the ATP to allow Bernrdes back in the chair for a Rafa match?

Predict the tournament, the round, the opponent and the decade that Bernardes will be back.

You too, can accomplish the CYGS by getting all four categories correct. Good luck

My prediction-

Barcelona, 4th RD, vs Thiem, 2016.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
USO 2016 2R
(opponent better not to predict :D)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Bernardes is not a good umpire. He shouldn't be officiating anyway. Let better umpires like Pascal Maria take care of umpiring professional tennis.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Bernardes is not a good umpire.
disagree, at matches what I saw with him (none of in Rio though) he was objective, applying the rules and even compliant if a player had some special wishes. So a big fat NO, you say it only because of the Nadal incident.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Bernardes is not a good umpire. He shouldn't be officiating anyway. Let better umpires like Pascal Maria take care of umpiring professional tennis.
:haha::haha:

Pascal makes at least one mistake in every clay match, hawk-eye exposed Maria's uselessness in checking close marks:spit::spit:

No Pascal Maria and Djokovic straight setted Nadal giving him a breadstick in 3rd:lol::lol:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
After RAFA and uncle Toni successfully banned Bernardes from umpiring RAFA's matches (http://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/636434-bernardes-taken-out-nadal-matches-french.html), I am glad the ATP somehow managed to put Bernardes in RAFA's #1000 match. I suppose uncle Toni finally lifted the ban on Bernardes.

Then again, still not surprised that RAFA tried to cheat today pretending a ball didn't bounce twice. However, Bernardes is no fool and knows fairly well what kind of person RAFA is and obviously didn't fall for his BS.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
After RAFA and uncle Toni successfully banned Bernardes from umpiring RAFA's matches (http://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/636434-bernardes-taken-out-nadal-matches-french.html), I am glad the ATP somehow managed to put Bernardes in RAFA's #1000 match. I suppose uncle Toni finally lifted the ban on Bernardes.

Then again, still not surprised that RAFA tried to cheat today pretending a ball didn't bounce twice. However, Bernardes is no fool and knows fairly well what kind of person RAFA is and obviously didn't fall for his BS.

Rafa is not allowed to command as before. As his Tio Toni too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts