Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Gonna go with Djokovic def Thiem.
you are the only one who guest the final right (and probably also the result..)
congrats

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
I guess that means I outright win regardless of the outcome? :)

·
The special one
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Didn't even know this contest was on, even though I was tagged. This new website man.

Not to worry, I'll catch up.
Yeah, there's been several occasions where either posters tag me in threads and I don't receive notifications or they don't receive any from me after I tag them. I'm guessing most people i tagged in this thread never received the notification which had it been fixed would've brought more activity to this thread.

I've asked Stevie wonder about this in the site announcement thread, but no doubt he either won't respond back or give some generic explanation like "we're working on this issue" or some bullshit.
It's a marathon not a sprint. Still 3 more slams and 9 Masters to go. :p

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Actually no. For predicting a winner correctly you get 12 pts, for predicting a runner-up you get 8 pts and for predicting one finalist correctly (but with the wrong result) you get 4 pts. If the outcome is different from your prediction you'll get 8 pts (2 finalists but with wrong results) while those who predicted the winner will get 12 pts. OTOH in case of a perfect prediction you'll get 20 pts and will lead. Anyway, as @cmchelsea said it's just the beginning and many tournaments are ahead.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
I don't think anyone took Thiem though. So I think I win?

·
The special one
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
@JediFed the only player to predict both correct winner and Finalist. Being true to his name and using the force to his advantage.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
I'll collect my 20 points. Out of curiosity, how many points did the winner have total last year?

·
The special one
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I'll collect my 20 points. Out of curiosity, how many points did the winner have total last year?
The winner had 32 points last year and 44 points in 2018, although we didn't have slams, so this year it'll be much more.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Interesting. I estimate then that 50 points will be enough to win. I need to pick up another 30 or so.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
One other question, what was the bottom point total for WTF last year?

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
Interesting. I estimate then that 50 points will be enough to win. I need to pick up another 30 or so.
Congrats on the win ....

However point wise, last year we didn't have slams so i would say about 80 points would be needed to clinch

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
However point wise, last year we didn't have slams so i would say about 80 points would be needed to clinch
Prorating points assumes that the winners scored an average of about 4 points per tourney. Over 12 tourneys that is 48 points remaining.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts