1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
10,269 Posts
Roland Garros most certainly.

Will be unstoppable.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Something post-USO maybe, I'd give him Stockholm.

Would be very impressed if he won a masters, but unlikely.

I think he'll consistently be making QF or better at most tournaments now, but I think it'll take him a while to build up the mental fortitude to beat the top guys at slams. The third set tiebreak against Nadal earlier this year at AO tells it all.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Bratislava CH, his home tournament

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Something post-USO maybe, I'd give him Stockholm.

Would be very impressed if he won a masters, but unlikely.

I think he'll consistently be making QF or better at most tournaments now, but I think it'll take him a while to build up the mental fortitude to beat the top guys at slams. The third set tiebreak against Nadal earlier this year at AO tells it all.
Agreed.

He clearly has improved a lot with consistency and stamina, but yet to convince he can challenge the top players in the big matches. He's not there yet, and I doubt he'll get there this year, given his current rate of improvement. Next year could be interesting, with Djokovic and Nadal that bit older, past their true peak...?

Stockholm this year or another 250/500 is likely, but not much else.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Maybe Bastad (ATP 250) if he plays there again. He reached the semifinals there in 2012 and 2013. Before that his best chance is some grass tournament in the week before Wimbledon, but he will probably play only Queens.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Grigor has yet to prove himself on grass properly for me, so I don't now why so many people are certain it will be Queen's espescially since the field is usually a lot stronger than the two 250's Grigor won so far in his career. I think he has a much better chance to win one of the indoor events he plays so Stockholm, Basel or even Paris and I would not be surprised if he wins Washington since it is a mid level field 500, which is what Grisha won in Acapulco.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts