• W

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's much talk about Rafa's 'nightmare' draw this year and it really seems he got by far the hardest draw among the Big 3. Rafa's form is under a big question mark every year on grass, especially after the shock defeats in previous years. We know he's been having more problems with the knees on grass, the low bounce does not suit him and he's vulnerable to good servers and big hitters, especially in the earlier stages of the tournament.
But a couple of factors go to Rafa's favor since 2017: his changed game after Moya started coaching him, more aggressive approach, he's standing closer to the baseline and trying to finish the points quicker. Also, an extra week between RG and WB makes it possible to recover and get used to grass (even though Rafa didn't play any match on grass leading to Wimbledon). Rafa was able to demonstrate his aggressive brand of tennis at AO, and RG to some extent as well (was going to the net very often vs Thiem in the final and with great success too).

So, let's try to predict Rafa's Wimbledon run this year. I am going to say either SF or a loss in the first 4 rounds. Hoping for the title but if that happens I'd be happy my predictions to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Small chance he loses to Kyrgios, if not he will then make the final.

For once, he has a tough draw. But he's still favourite against everyone bar Djokovic for me.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
kind of agree with lose to Kyr or final as well lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
last ear's semi against Djok ............ and the tragic stupidity of a closed roof on a sunny day

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Nadal will destroy kyrgios if they meet... People have their hopes up too high. Kyrgios isn’t the same player he was in 2017 where he pushed djokovic and federer to the limit twice...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I obviously don't like Nadull but I hate Kyrgios more and so, Nadull, don't lose to him please.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Have zero expectations for this tournament. Could easily be R2 exit or a Final.

I think he can beat Federer in the semis (he always beasts in that round), but there is no way he is following that up with defeat of a fresh Djokovic in the Final.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts