Mens Tennis Forums banner

How High are Your Expectations (10 highest; 1 lowest)?

• 10 - Very Excellent

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 9 - Excellent

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 8 - Very Great

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 7 - Great

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 6 - Above Average

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 5 - Average

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 4 - Below Average

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 3 - Really Below Average

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 2 - Poor

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 1 - Very Poor

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we have seen many matches now on the US Open Series. Next stop is Winston-Salem, before we go to the US Open. There were some awesome matches, while some are quite lacking, and have to say bizarre (see: Djokovic matches, Dimitrov-Anderson Toronto match, Wawrinka-Bennetau Cinci match). What is your primary expectation for the upcoming USO?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Every one except dull playing mug tennis. And dull is gifted another cakewalk draw to the final. Basically everything will be like 2010 and 2013. Another dark slam for tennis RIP.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
I predict it will be a shitfest. THere are not many players with strong form coming into the Open. in fact, I can't even think of one. Weak era imo

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
USO 2014 quality entirely hangs on Nadal's participation. If he plays, it will be the greatest tennis tournament of all time. If he withdraws, the event might as well be given Halle status :eek:

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To tell the truth I hope Nadal doesn't join, just because he would be fresh for USO, and could be his for the taking. It is like in Wimbledon, where Djokovic won it, but without any preparation and was quite vulnerable against good grass players. Kind of like an anti-climactic end to an arc of a story, as we say. Let us see if these "tanking" issues are true and that the real fight would really start in USO (which I still don't think that much it is).

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. Draw is out, and there is only a few days until the main tournament starts. What do you think would happen? Which seeds get upsetted and which are potential "matches of tournament"?

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Berdych vs Hewitt could be good. Tsonga/Murray would be very interesting, as would be one of them facing Djokovic. Federer vs Dimitrov would be fun.

I think people overreact greatly when it comes to these sorts of things. It will be like any other major - some great 5-setters in the early rounds, some seeds being upset, and the top guys playing well building momentum for their second week runs at the title.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
1 - Very Poor

Nadal out
Federer 33 years old
Djoker plays very low level [possible worst in his career]
Murray already drop ... the ground

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Having now seen the draw and observed the overall form of the tour during Toronto and Cinci I'm expecting an absolute shitfest tbh. 2/10.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Without the defending champ, it's probably going to be boring. But I'd watch Nole beating Fraud in final. Sweet lesson for Fraud and his arrogant tards...

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Extremely weak era + Nadal out = Average tennis. 5

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Wow, no one sparing a thought for the early rounds. GS play tends to trend upward from Masters/500/250s, so I'll call it at 7.5 initially. Rounded up to 8 for the purposes of the poll.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
There is no such thing as "Very Excellent".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts