Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nadal is defending 3870 of his 5225 total ranking points in the upcoming clay season.

He'll play five tournaments as usual: Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros.

Pending on results, he can be ranked between #3 (if he wins everything) and around #30 in the world (if he loses every match).

Well, he's not playing very well this year, I can't see his form being in a diferent in the matches against Verdasco and Almagro in Miami than in the matches against Fognini or Cuevas in Rio.

I think he'll keep struggling.

I'm going with the following prediction:

Monte Carlo - QF - 180 points
Barcelona - W - 500 points
Madrid - QF - 180 points
Rome - SF - 360 points
Roland Garros - SF - 720 points
Total in the clay season - 1940 points
Total points overall - 3295

Good for a pretty good 11th or 12th in ATP rankings.

http://live-tennis.eu/ - Used this for ranking projection based on points.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Nobody knows what to expect from Nadal. Not his uncle and not even him.
Like Op said alot can happen between Monte Carlo and French Open.

What i don´t agree is the form or his play.

It´s been said and posted here that after Austrália Nadal had back problems. And never did have time to get better.
So everything after Austrália was sort of wierd from him.

This year he came back and needed time to get back into shape.
Doha he was slow and still out of shape.
Austrália he almost lost to Symcek but lost later to Berdych.
Rio and Fognini can be explained but the his match with Cuevas ennding late.
Argentina he really didn´t have competion.

Indian Well he played decente tennis compared to the rest of this year. Roanic was very good.
In Miami was a bit diferente. Until Verdasco played very well. Nadal didn´t.

Nadal needs to win a few of these clay tournaments. Not because Money, rankings or whatever, but because he needs confidence.

Let´s see how it goes.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
he can defend at least 2000 cuz it's likely he'll still win RG

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,990 Posts
Any predictions made now would be premature.

He can gain a lot of ground during the clay season since he only won one of the clay Masters and lost in Barcelona.

My (premature) guess right now is 3rd or 4th

·
Banned
1,384 Posts
3 or 4 depending on his results in the lead up Clay tournaments. I don't care if he only captures a little over 2000 points as long as the 2000 come from RG.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Nadal will be 3

But as the old guard gets older

Tears fall from the castles around my heart...

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Nadal got beat by Almagro in Barcelona last year (I'm still shocked) and still went on to RG. So yeah, I suspect he'll still find a way to win RG and be #3.

·
Bring it Home
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indian Well he played decente tennis compared to the rest of this year. Roanic was very good.
In Miami was a bit diferente. Until Verdasco played very well. Nadal didn´t.
Neither Raonic nor Verdasco were playing that well.

Raonic was serving the worst I've seen him serving for months in IW and Miami.

Verdasco lost a set to Duckworth before the match with Nadal and was routined by Monaco later.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
He will do very well on clay, just not Nadull good on clay.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Fed fans are obsessed with Rafa and his ranking. Numerous thread about him :lol: Focus on your idol. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Nadal hasn't been outside the top 5 since he first broke into it on 09/05/2005

For Pipsy, the real question is: will he make it 10 consecutive years inside the top 5?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I don't think he will beat Djokovic if he faces him, but he's favourite against anyone else.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Guys why worry about Rafa' ranking . No one on tour plays great tennis , The level of tennis this year is really bad. Some say Djokovic plays great tennis . It looks like that because he is much more hungry than other guys. Let's take the last match of Isner.
Isner served so well vs Dimitrov,Raonic and maybe his best match for a long time he played vs Nishikori. But Nishikori was defeated by 33 old Feli Lopez in IW. Those players are so inconsistent . Robredo played in Buenos Aires as crap ON CLAY but in IW vs Dimitrov he played as top ten player and in Miami as well. So most of players played well when they like or when they are motivated by something or when they feel very well.
Murray is not different as well. Played like God vs Muller and then vs Coric as crap in Dubai. Really all players are up and down.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Guys why worry about Rafa' ranking . No one on tour plays great tennis , The level of tennis this year is really bad. Some say Djokovic plays great tennis . It looks like that because he is much more hungry than other guys. Let's take the last match of Isner.
Isner served so well vs Dimitrov,Raonic and maybe his best match for a long time he played vs Nishikori. But Nishikori was defeated by 33 old Feli Lopez in IW. Those players are so inconsistent . Robredo played in Buenos Aires as crap ON CLAY but in IW vs Dimitrov he played as top ten player and in Miami as well. So most of players played well when they like or when they are motivated by something or when they feel very well.
Murray is not different as well. Played like God vs Muller and then vs Coric as crap in Dubai. Really all players are up and down.
What, no mention of Federer in your post? I'm disappointed tsk tsk ;-)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts