Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
People always write off Nadal too soon. He likes the USO courts and my guess is he will be in the final, where he will lose to Nole.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Let me just say this: the trophy at flushing meadows this year is gonna have Spanish teeth marks on it, come finals day.
If his draw is as piss easy as it was for 2010 and 2013, then probably. Novak 2010 mode or choking Djoker from last year turning up again would suit him, Nole playing half decent tennis wouldn't.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I think he'll win the tournament but for some odd reason you didn't put that as an option

based on Nadal's game style changes the last few years, his performances on medium speed HC, and other variables I don't see any logic in expecting him to get upset

·
23,064 Posts
2010 Final def Djokovic
2011 Final loss to Djokovic

2013 Final def Djokovic
2014 Final loss to Djokovic ????????
Good show (also shows that Djokovic really has a good streak at the US Open from 2010 with 4 straight finals but bad record in it -- bizarre, to say the least).

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he'll win the tournament but for some odd reason you didn't put that as an option

based on Nadal's game style changes the last few years, his performances on medium speed HC, and other variables I don't see any logic in expecting him to get upset
It's the final option, you can't play another match after the final, winning or losing. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
2007 F loss to Federer
2008 SF loss to Federer
2009 SF loss to Federer
2010 F loss to Nadal
2011 F def Nadal
2012 F loss to Murray
2013 F loss to Nadal

Very chokey stuff.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
The King of Chef will once again reign at Flushing Meadows. Now that Nadal has resurrected the vintage serve which brought great success in the USO pen 2010 series, only injury can prevent him #15.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Good show (also shows that Djokovic really has a good streak at the US Open from 2010 with 4 straight finals but bad record in it -- bizarre, to say the least).
Why bizarre? When Nadal is on, he's too much for Novak in a best of 5 match.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Why bizarre? When Nadal is on, he's too much for Novak in a best of 5 match.
Nadal is just too much consistent for Djokovic, that's why he's the favorite of every non-Wimbledon Slam match he plays. The only way for Novak to beat Nadal in a Slam is to play at his best from the first to the last point, but he hasn't been able to do it since AO 2012.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Seriously, if 20% Djoko shows up he would destroy peak Nadal. Look at any of their matches, on many surface. If Novak hits many winners and not too many UE, he wins. If he hits more UE than winners, he loses, though often barely. So hysterical that Nadal almost lost to Novak in his astonishingly bad FO 2013 form. 70 UE is just hilarious.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It depends when Murray knocks him out, so I'm guessing at semis.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nadal is just too much consistent for Djokovic, that's why he's the favorite of every non-Wimbledon Slam match he plays. The only way for Novak to beat Nadal in a Slam is to play at his best from the first to the last point, but he hasn't been able to do it since AO 2012.
:confused:

Djokovic's play in AO 2012 was actually very messy. He could've lost to Murray in the semis. He played better vs. Nadal, but not a lot better. Dull choked the 5th set away, similar to what Nole did in RG 2013.

He doesn't need to play at his best to beat Nadal in hard courts. He just need to limit the errors and the clownishness.

The fact is:

2011 Djokovic in Slams >>>> Djokovic from all the other years in Slams

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
:confused:

Djokovic's play in AO 2012 was actually very messy. He could've lost to Murray in the semis. He played better vs. Nadal, but not a lot better. Dull choked the 5th set away, similar to what Nole did in RG 2013.

The fact is:

2011 Djokovic in Slams >>>> Djokovic from all the other years in Slams
At AO 2012, Djokovic was in total control, apart from a slow start. Djokovic should have won that one in 4 sets, just like Wimbledon and US Open in 2011.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At AO 2012, Djokovic was in total control, apart from a slow start. Djokovic should have won that one in 4 sets, just like Wimbledon and US Open in 2011.
He was in control at the US 2013 too. In the 3rd he was up a break and also had a break point or two for a double break lead.

But him being in control doesn't mean he played great. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts