Mens Tennis Forums banner

Best Match of the Quarterfinals?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems that the most anticipated matches were kinda duds in the sense Stan played probably the worst match he has played, and Fed not being able to handle Monfils, rusty in his second Clay match of the year.

Meanwhile, Nadal was close to being eliminated due Isner almost winning the 1st Set, but was able to gut it out, with Isner surely disappointed about his chances. Not watched the Raonic match but he kept his record against Robredo. Berdych doing business as usual and beating RBA again for the 3rd. Ferrer having a grueling match against Simon in a dramatic match yet the scoreline tells otherwise. Cilic did well on his recovery road against a good big baseliner Tsonga who is also recovering. Djokovic...do we even need to say it? :lol:

So, 4 matches for tomorrow, and which is the MOST you are looking forward to, tomorrow on Quarterfinals day?

I don't believe in jinxes but this would be interesting if it is the opposite again.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Monfils-Dimitrov

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,385 Posts
It's between Monfils-Dimitrov and Djokovic-Cilic for sure. In terms of pure entertainment value, Monf-Diva, but in terms of level played it will probably be Nole-Marin.

·
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fun fact: 15 of the 16 seeds advanced to the Round of 16. Now, 6 of the Top 8 seeds advanced to the Quarters. Ironically the ones that didn't advance were the defending Champion and the previous finalist. Coincidentally both being Swiss OHBHs haha.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Monfils/Dimitrov is probably the least predictable match beside Raonic/Berdych, and that's only because of Raonic's apparent foot issues.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Looking forward to Djokovic v Cilic. All the others will suck.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Dimitrov vs Monfils if both guys play well and care enough. I see Nadal vs Ferrer being close but both guys style isn't really as pleasing to the eyes.

·
29,645 Posts
The bottom half is entirely where the fun is.

Djokovic, Nadal and Ferrer in the top half? I'd rather play Pong.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Djokovic will toy with Cilic.

Raonic looked bothered by something so he'll probably lose.

Nadal is gonna win, something like 6-3 6-4.

Monfils-Dimitrov is wide open and likely will be the best match.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Since I did it for the R16 matches...here are the H2H's

Djokovic 11-0 Cilic
Nadal 22-6 Ferrer
Berdych 1-3 Raonic
Dimitrov 1-2 Monfils

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
It's up to Nadal and Ferrer to save the day, obviously! ;)

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Every single QF was shit. What a great era we live in

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Djokovic will toy with Cilic.

Raonic looked bothered by something so he'll probably lose.

Nadal is gonna win, something like 6-3 6-4.

Monfils-Dimitrov is wide open and likely will be the best match.
About right... I didn't expect that much from these matchups.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts