Mens Tennis Forums banner

Murray's performance at Wimbledon 2014

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally there is no discussion about defending Champs performance at Wimbledon, while on other side Journeyman getting 10 pages discussions.

So in this thread you can predict Murray's performance at SW 19 this year.

IMO he'll get knock outed in QF against Dimitrov or lose Final to Fed/NAD. HIs chances of losing SF to Djokovic are less but not zero.

But if draw opens for him like last year with he has to beat only 1 Top 10 in route to victory, then he has definitely good chance without considering his form

But overall Murray will lose in QF/F IMO, he can't lose before QF with all mugs occupying his quarter.

DisCuSs

·
Registered
356 Posts
Can't see anyone else winning it. With the crowd behind him, its Murrays to lose.

There's no way he'll lose to Federer this time. He'll murder him in 3 sets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If he makes it to a final with Rafa, I can't see him winning it. His h2h record against him in GS is not great... and despite him having won two GS now (and the olympic gold), neither included beating Nadal.

Based on current form though, I put SF as I can't see him beating Djokovic this time around either.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
He will lose the final against the greatest player in the history of Solar System.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
^^^^ I am excited. I want Murray to reach to finals only to know who is the greatest player in the history of Solar System. Slamdev's best chance to get that post with just 6 wins. :rocker:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
If he makes it to a final with Rafa, I can't see him winning it. His h2h record against him in GS is not great... and despite him having won two GS now (and the olympic gold), neither included beating Nadal.

Based on current form though, I put SF as I can't see him beating Djokovic this time around either.
Easy mate. There is a long way before the final. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Easy mate. There is a long way before the final. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
You already bolded it for me... I said "If". Problems reading no?

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Verdasco apparently in trouble in R1 against Matosevic. :lol:
It's under control. Just trying to make it more interesting for the fans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts