Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just started recording some of my play a couple months ago and finally got around to editing and uploading some of the videos. This one is of myself playing with a friend who plays college tennis at a Division 3 school. I'd appreciate any comments or feedback on the video and match play!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice hitting! The point at 3:40 is epic!

The main problem I'm picking up on from both players is that your groundstrokes are very stiff, particularly in the wrist. This means no racquet lag and reduced power and spin. The player in black's forehand is the best example of this - the wrist stays locked all through the swing. Both of you can work on relaxing the entire arm/wrist complex before you start rotating forward to strike the ball. Taking the racquet back higher, rather than straight back horizontally, would make this easier as it would force you to relax the arm well before initiating the forwards swing.

·
9,590 Posts
Hi all! I just started recording some of my play a couple months ago and finally got around to editing and uploading some of the videos. This one is of myself playing with a friend who plays college tennis at a Division 3 school. I'd appreciate any comments or feedback on the video and match play!

Which colour are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice hitting! The point at 3:40 is epic!

The main problem I'm picking up on from both players is that your groundstrokes are very stiff, particularly in the wrist. This means no racquet lag and reduced power and spin. The player in black's forehand is the best example of this - the wrist stays locked all through the swing. Both of you can work on relaxing the entire arm/wrist complex before you start rotating forward to strike the ball. Taking the racquet back higher, rather than straight back horizontally, would make this easier as it would force you to relax the arm well before initiating the forwards swing.

Thanks for the comment! I'm the player in black, and I've noticed that issue with stiff wrist since I started recording my videos, going to work on fixing it.

·
9,590 Posts
Thats a big enough forehand but a very extreme grip it seems. You might want to flatten it out more at times. Good hands at the net. Id say need more intensity in footwork and most of all need to drop the racquet head lower on backhand in order to use left hand. Nice hitting mate

Reactions: Meterpow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a big enough forehand but a very extreme grip it seems. You might want to flatten it out more at times. Good hands at the net. Id say need more intensity in footwork and most of all need to drop the racquet head lower on backhand in order to use left hand. Nice hitting mate
Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely take these into consideration next time on the court :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted a second video of a practice I had with a friend who used to play Division 1 tennis in case anyone is interested in viewing some more point play!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts