Registered
5,362 Posts
Re: Potro skipping DC for los cabos 250

He just wants to replicate Querrey’s 2017 as King of Mexico:wink2:

·
Registered
4,553 Posts

Los Cabos simply owns nationalistic contests without ranking points.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts

Los Cabos simply owns nationalistic contests without ranking points.
He actually means Washington DC, the title’s wording is misleading.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts

You don't always need to play in a packed field. Del Potro didn't play Queens either.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Maybe, for the beach? Why not travel around the world, see places, and have fun while also playing tennis? A Spanish speaking country is an added bonus.
It seems a lot of the players go down to Cabo for a working vacation. Yes, they're there to play and to win, but their Instagrams while in Cabo are chock-full of pictures of them sailing, windsurfing, and jet-skiing. Couple the fun factor with the hefty bonus DelPo was surely offered and the fact that it's a Spanish-speaking country, and I can understand how playing Cabo was almost irresistible to Juan Martin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems a lot of the players go down to Cabo for a working vacation. Yes, they're there to play and to win, but their Instagrams while in Cabo are chock-full of pictures of them sailing, windsurfing, and jet-skiing. Couple the fun factor with the hefty bonus DelPo was surely offered and the fact that it's a Spanish-speaking country, and I can understand how playing Cabo was almost irresistible to Juan Martin.
This. Federer has said that going to new tournaments keeps the experience of being on tour from becoming mundane.

·
10,272 Posts
Where the heck do I buy my MTF tin foil hat :lol:

Wait here it is! Let me just put that o.....YEAH OF COURSE DEL SH!TRO IS VULTURING THE 250, HE REALIZED HOW WEAK THE FIELD WAS AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THIS SHITTY 250. HE IS A HACK AND A FAKER AND HAS NO RIGHT TO BE PLAYING IN LOS CABOS!!!!!!!!!

:|

·
Your visions will happen
47,123 Posts
Cabos or DC, hmmmmm

·
Registered
491 Posts
Delpo wants to combine playing with vacationing at a nice place, that's all.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
He said in his last Wimbledon press conference that he wants to go to the beach.

It's not a bad idea. He has a huge handful of tournaments between Canada, Cincinnati and New York, he needs to ease into that stretch of time. His chance for a 2nd Grand Slam is now, or within these next couple years likely at USO or W.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts