Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak confirmed at RG that Jelena was around 6 months - so the baby is likely due end of August/sometime in September (USO timeframe!). Hopefully it's post-USO as it could complicate that part of season for him otherwise. He is also meant to get married after that - November potentially? Given the big loss yesterday, what impact, if any, will these life changes have on Novak's career?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Luckily he will have those runner-up slam plates to serve the food for his guests in his wedding.

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
I do hope the baby will be born before August 21. It will be easier for Novak (an air sign) with a Leo boy (a fire sign). Somehow I am sure it will be a boy.

I think Novak can separate tennis and family in his head. I might be too optimistic though.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I do hope the baby will be born before August 21. It will be easier for Novak (an air sign) with a Leo boy (a fire sign). Somehow I am sure it will be a boy.

I think Novak can separate tennis and family in his head. I might be too optimistic though.
Not bad he focuses on family because no tennis fan wants to see him ever in a slam again in which he will make the finals boring to watch.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Everyone knows that when you get married and have a kid, your life is over. That usually applies to guys only though. So kids, don't get married. And don't forget about your prenup

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Do we really think it is a coincidence that Jelena became pregnant so soon after Boris became Nole's coach?
No. That's one of the things Becker worked with Nole off the court ... to stop shooting blanks. Now if he could teach him to pull the trigger on the court :devil:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
No 2011 anymore unfortunately mate.

Will happen what happens to virtually anyone - one more consolation thought, when the most painful bit of extra effort needs to be made.

Comes the - bah, life goes on, this is not that important, i have my family, they love me, i love them, life is great.

Before that it usually is - Do that or freaking die trying, you have to prove yourself, you can be the best in the world, aaaaaaaaaaaaa, no pain, no gain, etc.

SO, yeah, less pressure, but also less motivation when it matters most, also more excuses for oneself.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Novak confirmed at RG that Jelena was around 6 months - so the baby is likely due end of August/sometime in September (USO timeframe!). Hopefully it's post-USO as it could complicate that part of season for him otherwise. He is also meant to get married after that - November potentially? Given the big loss yesterday, what impact, if any, will these life changes have on Novak's career?
Loving it aren't you Ash86, excited at the idea that Nadal's path to future glories will potentially be made even more easier.

Hopefully Djokovic recovers to find his groove for the HC summer, I'm sure he will.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
To sum it up, it means that Rafa can easily get 20+ slams. No upcoming players to stop him. The new generation sucks. Rafa is more likely to lose to guys in their 30s than guys in their 20s... sadly...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loving it aren't you Ash86, excited at the idea that Nadal's path to future glories will potentially be made even more easier.

Hopefully Djokovic recovers to find his groove for the HC summer, I'm sure he will.
You know me so well....

I'd much rather Novak and Andy were winning slams than Fed fluking another. And given how unreliable Andy is, Novak's a better bet. So, no, not in my interest for to fade away. The guy clearly deserves more than 1 USO and hope be gets it. Novak's presser was encouraging in that he is keen to keep fighting. But no one can know how a huge life change will impact someone. Maybe he'll relax more, put less pressure on himself and swing freely to win lots more slams. Maybe not. Definitely interesting to follow though.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
While becoming a father is a wonderful blessing, for a tennis pro it can be complicated... No male player won more than 2 slams after becoming a father since the mid 1980s. Roger has that record. Only male player to win multiple slams as a father since 1985.... Apparently Nole might become a dad before the USO final. Grass is not exactly a surface he excels. So I think this guy is ending his career with 8 slams, like Lendl.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
You know me so well....

I'd much rather Novak and Andy were winning slams than Fed fluking another. And given how unreliable Andy is, Novak's a better bet. So, no, not in my interest for to fade away. The guy clearly deserves more than 1 USO and hope be gets it. Novak's presser was encouraging in that he is keen to keep fighting. But no one can know how a huge life change will impact someone. Maybe he'll relax more, put less pressure on himself and swing freely to win lots more slams. Maybe not. Definitely interesting to follow though.
yeah, a mental midget clown and a purely hyped up PR guy who can't win without wind instead of Fed winning another slam... god forbid. lol. And let me guess why? Because Andy is Scottish and you are British, so he must be special, right? Not saying Fed will ever win another slam, but if he does, it will be deserved. If winning slams were easy, Murray would have more than 2. God knows he had multiple shots at Roger and lost every single final against him other than Olympics which is not a slam

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
While becoming a father is a wonderful blessing, for a tennis pro it can be complicated... No male player won more than 2 slams after becoming a father since the mid 1980s. Roger has that record. Only male player to win multiple slams as a father since 1985.... Apparently Nole might become a dad before the USO final. Grass is not exactly a surface he excels. So I think this guy is ending his career with 8 slams, like Lendl.
Nole could not win against Rafa on his favorite surface at the USO. He barely beat Rafa on AO. He should thank his lucky stars if he wins 2 more slams. Murray should not have even won his 2 slams and he does not have what it takes to become a dad yet. I mean you can't impregnate someone when you play Playstation 24/7.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Nole could not win against Rafa on his favorite surface at the USO. He barely beat Rafa on AO. He should thank his lucky stars if he wins 2 more slams. Murray should not have even won his 2 slams and he does not have what it takes to become a dad yet. I mean you can't impregnate someone when you play Playstation 24/7.
I can't see Nole winning more than 8 slams. Just not happening. Even before becoming a father, he has a dismal record in slam finals. Will only get worse after that.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I can't see Nole winning more than 8 slams. Just not happening. Even before becoming a father, he has a dismal record in slam finals. Will only get worse after that.
The guy looked shattered after yesterday. That tweet he sent after AO that "he was on his way to win FO"... anyone remember that? He deleted that shortly thereafter. He could get lucky. I still think he beats almost anyone but Murray and Rafa in slam finals. But still .. 6-7 slam record in finals is horrible. And 1-5 in the past 6 is not a good trend

1 - 20 of 22 Posts