Votes: 2 7.4%
  • He will marry Harmless

Votes: 2 7.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Giles Muller finally reached the top 50 and have a whole two month of indoors and fast surfaces way ahead. However, in my humble opinion there are a lot of different kind of people in this world and also a lot of different kind of tennis players and variables.

That Gilles is an incredible player that have lots of potential to deep runs in Grand Slams, we all know, but how much? The guy simple never reached top 50 before, plays for a country that gives no $support and also never had a good and consistant season in ATP. Did he ever won more than 20-25 ATP matches in a full year? I seriously doubt it.

Wouldnt you prefer to be a Sam Querrey with 6 ATP Titles knowing you will never beat a top 5 in a GS rather than being a Giles Muller type? By the way, head to head is 2-0 to Sam.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Probably be around 35-70 in the rankings with inconsistent results. I think this year isn't a fluke but I also don't think he's going to keep up hot form throughout months at a time in 2012 playing ATP events consistently.

·
Registered
577 Posts
He's nearly over the hill. Don't see much assension in his future, maybe hover around 50's for rest of the year but I don't expect him to win anything. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and do a Ljubicic. Too bad his country doesn't have the money to back him..he might have had a much better career with his game.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I tend to think top 35 is his limit, and I hope he reaches it before he retires. He's having an unexpectedly good season and I hope it happens for him this year. :)
He wavers in his game so much it's ridiculous, so you never know. Not for lack of talent or skill, though, I get the impression that it's always been a mental thing for him.

I wasn't expecting to see him back in the top 50 tbh, but I am glad he made it back, and hope to see more of his matches, but I don't really expect him to ever get an ATP title.
Would be nice to see though; if he got his head together properly, there are few on the tour who don't have it yet and deserve it more.

I hope he plays more matches, he is so hot! :)
I agree with this lady, or gentleman. You have good taste, sir, or madame.

Wouldnt you prefer to be a Sam Querrey with 6 ATP Titles knowing you will never beat a top 5 in a GS rather than being a Giles Muller type? By the way, head to head is 2-0 to Sam.
I never really thought about it this way, but I think you're right, he is that type of a player.

I like option 5, too. :D :rolls:

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I hope he plays more matches, he is so hot! :)
:lol: He is pretty cute.

Gilles has always had bundles of talent, but he's never been able to find world-class consistency.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
There is one option that stands out as his biggest chance, and I am glad it was already included by the thread starter :worship:

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
He's a mug who bends over for Nadull, and we don't need another one of those :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts