Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One where you would show someone who has never watched them play before. I suppose they could be terrible moments too. Take your Ferrer choke-job pick. But for instance, Tsonga:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rosol:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost tempted to say this for Fed, or maybe Wimby 2009.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
For Djokovic: it's really that epic AO '12 final win over Nadal. That effort, and to win it, over Nadal in a 3rd consecutive Slam final. That cemented his status as a legend.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
For Djokovic: it's really that epic AO '12 final win over Nadal. That effort, and to win it, over Nadal in a 3rd consecutive Slam final. That cemented his status as a legend.
That and those two USO semi final wins over Roger, plus this years Wimbledon final.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
That and those two USO semi final wins over Roger, plus this years Wimbledon final.
True, close runner-up was the '11 Federer USO SF. Had he lost one of those 2 MPs, his 2011 would have dropped from maybe-best-ever status to very good. It was a very high quality affair, as well.

This year's Wimbledon F was momentous for him for a lot of reasons. But honestly January 2012 was a better Novak facing a better Nadal, and Federer is 32 now.

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts
On clay

On grass

On hard

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts
Beautiful matches :)
Even though I'm a Nadal fan I really felt for Federer in all of these matches. All of them could have gone either way and came down to a single point or two.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Even though I'm a Nadal fan I really felt for Federer in all of these matches. All of them could have gone either way and came down to a single point or two.
I actually think Rome 2006 was the most heart-breaking. Peak Federer vs Peak Nadal (on clay) is a sight to behold. Kinda funny because in that match, Federer already adopted the tactic of attacking the net and it had a great effect on that day.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Murray-Wimby 2013 1/4 final vs Verdasco.

Murray played awful the first two sets, Verdasco was on fire but he dug deep and pulled off an epic win. For me it was NID that he'd go onto to win the title after that. Just a huge win.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Federer vs Djokovic and Murray, Wimbledon 2012. :worship:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
My favourite is Fed - Nadal Rome 2006 ... Epicness ... the best match ever on clay , the second best on clay was Nadal vs Coria in 2005 ...
The best 3 set match on Clay is Davy vs Nadal rome 2007 of course :p

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Djokovic vs federer USO 2011 :worship:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Wimby 07 Fedal final.

Fed in his last heyday year showed how to put an absolute grinder in his heyday in place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts