Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like I said some time ago, we just need to give some time to Fred. We improved SO MUCH on the past week, it's a different guy. He's stable and working a lot. Needs more rythm, he just played 5/6 tournaments this year and confidence.

Had 5 (!) match points to close it out in the 2nd set, but was just too good and won in 3. He's coming back.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Re: Portugal Open QR1: 936 ATP Frederico Gil defeats 288 ATP De La Nava by 6-4 6-7(6)

I wish him all the best. Having bipolar is so tough. I really hope he can return to the top 100.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
WOOOW! I have got to admit he prooved me so wrong. I was expecting another destroyment, but fucking glad it wasn't!!! Hopefully he turns things into his favour after this match!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Portugal Open QR1: 936 ATP Frederico Gil defeats 288 ATP De La Nava by 6-4 6-7(6)

I wish him all the best. Having bipolar is so tough. I really hope he can return to the top 100.
He isn't bipolar. The diagnostic was wrong. He was treating something that he didn't have. That was the major problem.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Like I said some time ago, we just need to give some time to Fred. We improved SO MUCH on the past week, it's a different guy. He's stable and working a lot. Needs more rythm, he just played 5/6 tournaments this year and confidence.

Had 5 (!) match points to close it out in the 2nd set, but was just too good and won in 3. He's coming back.
ot do you happen to know what's up with Pedro Sousa, I've asked this in the WC for Oeiras thread

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Gil :eek: I thought he retired. Even though now i do remember seeing him playing some futures at the beginning of the season

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ot do you happen to know what's up with Pedro Sousa, I've asked this in the WC for Oeiras thread
He's injured. Got operated in the left wrist three days ago. Will be back in July/August.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
:sad: thanks

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
About Gil, don't want to get my hopes too high, but Albot did lose a set to Lameiras, LOL!

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Gil should beat Albot something like 4&4

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gil :eek: I thought he retired. Even though now i do remember seeing him playing some futures at the beginning of the season
No, he didn't retired. He almost retired, but came back fighting against himself again. And he's winning the battle, it's huge. He's getting better and better. We'll see him on Challengers and ATP soon. :)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:lol: and muñoz de la nava got a qwc for madrid :tape:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts