Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Novak be sued for hitting line judge with a ball?

• No

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There doesn't seem to be a topic about this - sorry, brief search doesn't show up anything.

There is a possibility of this happening, although I am not aware of any previous incidents like this happening before in tennis, so the answer might be just a plain and simple: No. On the other hand... who knows? For now, we just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
She definitely has grounds to sue the shit out of some of the Serbian news agencies. 1.) Revealing her name has led to doxxing and an avalanche of death threats and abuse 2.) The absolute absurd and downright repulsive content including that she may have been drunk during that match.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea how they found out about her identity, or who did it in the first place. Has to be someone in the circle, who knows people, and probably knows her personally. But, who revealed it first, I have no way to track and be sure.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have no idea how they found out about her identity, or who did it in the first place. Has to be someone in the circle, who knows people, and probably knows her personally. But, who revealed it first, I have no way to track and be sure.
With the whole world so interconnected, I doubt that it's difficult to get that kind of info.

Don't know about her intentions, but I'm sure there's an army of personal injury lawyers clamoring to represent her.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
With the whole world so interconnected, I doubt that it's difficult to get that kind of info.

Don't know about her intentions, but I'm sure there's an army of personal injury lawyers clamoring to represent her.
I'm really unsure she can claim much, it's not as if she ended up badly hurt. She probably signed a waiver about this sort of thing anyway.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
She definitely has grounds to sue the shit out of some of the Serbian news agencies. 1.) Revealing her name has led to doxxing and an avalanche of death threats and abuse 2.) The absolute absurd and downright repulsive content including that she may have been drunk during that match.
:haha:
Good luck with that, Serbian tabloids are to lawsuits what kevlar is to rubber bullets.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Pretty sure she should be more worried about King suing her.
Right, let's blame the victim. After all, she was asking for it standing in the open like that. She should know Novak is a lousy sport and has a history of swatting balls around when things don’t go his way, as he did a few games earlier. Such an irresponsible bitch.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
I'm really unsure she can claim much, it's not as if she ended up badly hurt. She probably signed a waiver about this sort of thing anyway.
There should be insurance at least. But hopefully she didn't have lasting serious damage.

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
Right, let's blame the victim. After all, she was asking for it standing in the open like that. She should know Novak is a lousy sport and has a history of swatting balls around when things don’t go his way, as he did a few games earlier. Such an irresponsible bitch.
Exactly.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
The lineswoman reportedly has/had bruises on her throat the next day.

Someone like @Darth Vaderer; might feel up to the task.

Of course, I'm not sure if she signed her rights away with one of those waivers USTA comes up with.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
These are tabloids, not news agencies. Coming from Britain, you should know it, considering Britain has invented tabloid journalism which had ruined the lives of so many people.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
The lineswoman reportedly has/had bruises on her throat the next day.

Someone like @Darth Vaderer; might feel up to the task.

Of course, I'm not sure if she signed her rights away with one of those waivers USTA comes up with.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Yes it all depends on the wording of the waiver. She may have waived her right to sue USTA, but not necessarily Djokovic himself

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
These are tabloids, not news agencies. Coming from Britain, you should know it, considering Britain has invented tabloid journalism which had ruined the lives of so many people.
Sorry, I meant that. Thanks for reminding me about the Scum and Daily Fail to mention just a couple. Mr Depp is suing the Scum for the article they published about him being a wife beater. I guess he has enough trust in the British Justice system that they will rule in his favour. I imagine if this lady flew to Serbia with a legal team she might be have a different outcome.

·
justice for all
15,126 Posts
I wouldn't sue him. I'd be happy enough with his lost opportunity to win another slam. The damage has already been done.

·
Registered
29,200 Posts
She probably doesn't feel like receiving more death threats so I'm just gonna guess she won't do that.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Really hope she will sue him!

·
Rankings Master
15,866 Posts
Sue Djokovic? Now that's a bit too far... It was still an accident, Djolovic has been held to account. She should be sueing the people responsible for harassing her though, although like @Time Violation said, they are pretty much untouchable.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't you have to prove serious negligence? It's not as if Djokovic was drunk or anything. ;) Besides, as others have mentioned, she likely had to sign some kind of waiver.

Doubt she'd even have a case.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts