Mens Tennis Forums banner

Dimitrov's success post split?

• He will improve his game and really move up in the top 10 and win a grand slam and or big titles.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • He will get back to his 2014 level and be close/in top 10 and win some 500's or other titles.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • He will remain the same level and hover in top 20, maybe winning a small title.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • He will digress even further and fall out of the top 20 and fail at winning titles

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comedy 6th option."

Votes: 9 16.7%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dimitrov is "cleaning shop", so to say.

Got rid of his "Defensive/Hyper Fitness Coach"
Got rid of his "Diva Girlfriend"

He makes the claim that things are going to improve... but at the moment, Goffin and Chokerson are ranked above him.

Who knows, maybe going coach-less for a bit will do him good. Also not being with Divapova-paparazzi may improve his game.

Well what do you think MTF?

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
The split with Sharapova wouldn't have made too much difference in my opinion but parting with Rasheed well overdue.

Of course, it all depends on who his new coach will be.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I honestly think the split with Sharapova (if that is the case, since this is the first I'm hearing of it) could benefit him greatly. sometimes its super hard to live in the shadow of your spouse when you work in the same fields. like tons of pressure and expectations, even if say Maria wasn't deliberately making that the case

I've also noticed that a lot of the most successful male tennis players seem to do well in time periods in which they have their family traveling with them and 100% supporting them in their career. not always, but often (Agassi, Federer, etc.). it can be tough and distracting if you're in a serious relationship with someone who is equally as busy as you (and tennis is a busy career for sure!) and whom you might not get to see as often as you like

I think hiring a better strategic coach will obviously provide results but I also think that not being distracted or intimidated by Sharapova will to

·
Registered
962 Posts
Dimitrov wins a Masters, signs the camera afterwards "Break-Ups Work"

Reactions: decrepitude

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Well, I quite don't agree with that either. If he's happy, why change?

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
I know he will start to play better, because he started to play better in any coaching chance he made. How better and how far he will go, only time will tell. I still think he's too talented to not win a few slams and become world number #1 at some time, but it's true he's still lacking improvement in those who were always his major issues: tennis IQ and shot selection.

About Sharapova, I always said it was a major distraction.

·
Premium Member
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here you go, Inside Joke.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Wawrinka approves.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I fully expect him to win a slam next year. If he does so then in 2017 he can break Nole's domination. He just needs two more years for full development.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Dimitrov is a brainless maladroit. The man's lack of coordination is obvious by the way he sways from side to side as he walks. Grigor walks like a drunk. Maybe he would straighten up if he actually was drunk. Hopeless no matter what he does.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dimitrov is "cleaning shop", so to say.

Got rid of his "Defensive/Hyper Fitness Coach"
Got rid of his "Diva Girlfriend"

He makes the claim that things are going to improve... but at the moment, Goffin and Chokerson are ranked above him.

Who knows, maybe going coach-less for a bit will do him good. Also not being with Divapova-paparazzi may improve his game.

Well what do you think MTF?
You are incorrect. He didn't get rid of her,she got rid of him...

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Is this thingy with Maria for sure? Not sure what his break up has anything to do with his tennis skills.

New coach, yeah I think it would be a good move. However, it is his choice.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Yes if his coach lays out the right tactics and Grisha executes them properly. Sportsmen always like to find scapegoats and coaches are usually the first ones to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts