Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current rule: Rankings are calculated similarly to ATP: 4 GS + WTF + 9 ATP 1000 + best 10 ATP250/500 results from different weeks. Race is calculated by considering all played tournaments. First 16 in the Race qualify for WTF.

Motivation to change the rule: There is no reason to keep two different rankings at the same time, with different rules, and just one of them to have a practical use (qualification for WTF).

OPTIONS:

1. Rule stays the same (both rankings will be kept).

2. Keep only the Rankings format (24 tournaments are counted: 4 GS + WTF + 9 ATP 1000 + best 10 ATP250/500 tournaments). At the end of the year, first 16 qualify for WTF.

3. Keep only the Race format (all tournaments are counted). At the end of the year, first 16 qualify for WTF.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Change to just a race in my opinion.

I'm not really bothered about rankings (it's not like we're seeded or anything like that because of them) and I'm sure it'd make the ghe calculations a lot easier too.

Probably make more people interested in the results part of it as well.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
I think Race should be just like Rankings except you don't count the WTF. I don't understand why Race counts every week to be honest. It would discourage new players if they like the game for rankings because they would need a whole year before they get a proper ranking.

It's easy to have the spreadsheet calculate both rank and race, the calculation is just slightly different.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poll closed. We will keep just the Rankings format from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts