Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rules say no threads about WTA players but this topic is far bigger than Peng Shuai's on-court performance. Djokovic, Mahut, Federer, and others have weighed in so far. Every ATP player should. The existing topic about Mahut weighing in is not suitable for the poems I've written in support of Peng, the players who have spoken and who will speak, and in terms of the ATP and other bodies doing what must be done.

No more cowardice. No more venality. No more treating people like livestock.

Font Screenshot Document Parallel Number

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, chrisr.

I have been reading articles about the situation and this one particularly stands out for its lack of logic.

A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich was about one person for good reason. It makes a horrible situation relatable.

It crystalizes the dynamics. It shows how anyone, including you, can be the person who ends up being victimized by unjust rule.

There is also the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

One individual is important. All groups are made up of individuals. Cease to value the individual and you cease to value the group. The entire thing of culture becomes a wicked farce.

People be desperate to concoct excuses for turning the wilfully-blind eye — to exchange people for dollar signs.

Sell one person down the river and you sell yourself. What is your humanity, your life, worth to you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't give up your day job.
That's what some players said about the ATP's pathetic statement concerning Peng Shuai:

That's a statement? — Fish
How to use a lot of words to say nothing — Roddick

I'm sure Peng and other players appreciate the hard work you have put into your hard-hitting poetry analysis, in lieu of posting poems of support for her.

But, since Federer, Fish, Djokovic, Medvedev, Murray, Mahut, Nadal, and others have spoken publicly in support of Peng this definitely is 'Non Tennis' material.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts