Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll kick off;

Worst = Murray (although admittedly he is kinda on the small side for a tennis player at 6ft 3in)

Best = Ferrer (his serve is absolutely pathetic, but given he is a FREAKISH 5ft 9in I give him props for managing to clear the net)

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
little freakishly small maybe?

anyway, what ferru lacks in height, he makes up for in grit

·
Registered
612 Posts
horrible choice,
Just on top of my head, Hanescu, Tomic, Sweeting definitely have worse serve than Murray and they are taller or just as tall. I am sure there are much more on tour.

Benjamin Becker, Berankis both have a much better serve than Ferrer..but it's arguable if he continue to serve as good as in Shanghai

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Murray is small? Huh. I'd say that 6'1 - 6'3" is about average for a tennis player. There are definitely worse serves than his of players in that height range - if we're talking second serve, Troicki's is much worse.

Of the tall players, worst serve is Cilic. I just don't get why you'd serve like that when you're as tall as he is.

Best serve for a shorter player is Almagro. I am amazed at how much that serve can do, especially on his favored clay.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Quite surprised Seppi hasn't been mentioned yet. If he actually had a good serve for his height he would be a far better player.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Worst: Starace (1.93m), Seppi (1.90m), Hanescu (1.98m).
Best: Petzschner (1.81m) Roddick (1.83m), Dolgopolov (1.80m) Becker (1.78m)

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
For pro sports yeah, but other than Rochus there aren't any freakishly small players that are playing the sport, for any standards. That was my point.
No, I agree with you.

People should not be calling Roddick short. For this thread short should be considered anything under 6 feet.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts