Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 12.5%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think will step upto the plate and challenge for silverware, Im thinking Murray and Fat dave, perhaps Gasquet and Berdman, give your opinons...???!?!?!

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Hopefully Nalbandian and Berdych, but having said that it will more than likely be Murray and Gasquet.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully Nalbandian and Berdych, but having said that it will more than likely be Murray and Gasquet.
Kind of agree georgy boy, Berdman is too much of a headcase and tied in with a game with not much margin of error, it doesn't look good. Fat dave has the confidence now, but with a couple of losses I can see that disappearing. I would put Murray ahead of Gasgay to be honest, has more variety, and only has to sort one thing out until hes top 5 (1st serve %), while Gasgay can go walkabout and has a gameplan which isn't too smart against the best players :)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Kind of agree georgy boy, Berdman is too much of a headcase and tied in with a game with not much margin of error, it doesn't look good. Fat dave has the confidence now, but with a couple of losses I can see that disappearing. I would put Murray ahead of Gasgay to be honest, has more variety, and only has to sort one thing out until hes top 5 (1st serve %), while Gasgay can go walkabout and has a gameplan which isn't too smart against the best players :)

He can ,like Murray, change his gameplan too(see his match against Roddick at Wimbledon).

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He can ,like Murray, change his gameplan too(see his match against Roddick at Wimbledon).
He just got hot for the remainder of the match, and was lucky Roddick choked and melted down in the 3rd set, nothing special, still stands like 10 ft behind the baseline on most ocassions like a mug.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
All he did was went all out for winners. It paid off that day but most of the times, it won't come off.
Yeah. Too bad Gasquet is all out moon balls now.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
He just got hot for the remainder of the match, and was lucky Roddick choked and melted down in the 3rd set, nothing special, still stands like 10 ft behind the baseline on most ocassions like a mug.

so 93 winners is nothing special?? (funny that i'm defending Gasquet in this match)

·
124,507 Posts
All he did was went all out for winners. It paid off that day but most of the times, it won't come off.
Exactly.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

Not really.
It was more that his passing shots were perfect that day(a bit like when Federer plays against this same Roddick)

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so 93 winners is nothing special?? (funny that i'm defending Gasquet in this match)
Stop avoiding my point like the plague, plain and simple Gasgay isn't totally there yet to step up to the plate, TMC will be an indicator, and he'll probably eventually mature when hes like 24.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not really.
It was more that his passing shots were perfect that day(a bit like when Federer plays against this same Roddick)
Federer actually gives Roddick consistent beatdowns (yes ducktards go run and hide), Gasquet hasn't done that to anyone yet consistently.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Stop avoiding my point like the plague, plain and simple Gasgay isn't totally there yet to step up to the plate, TMC will be an indicator, and he'll probably eventually mature when hes like 24.

I 've just one question: why do you think Murray has more variety in his game than Gasquet??

·
124,507 Posts
Thing with Berdych is he just existing on his talent, whereas Djokovic had a weaker serve, he went out and improved it. Murray is getting better fitness wise and I think you see the point I am making.

Murray definitely has the best court craft along with say Nalbandian, and while he returns very well, he doesn't have the best break point conversion rate.

Gasquet hasn't found the right balance that suits his game. I mean does he want to be a shotmaker, which he can be or does he want to play kms behind the baseline. It's like Nadal can step into the court on grass with a lower bounce, but on hardcourts he will retreat further and further back when in trouble.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I 've just one question: why do you think Murray has more variety in his game than Gasquet??
Because he mixes it up, uses slice etc, comes to the net, and has a winning head to head with pretty much every big server, and everytime I see Gasgay he doesn't show much apart from showing us that standing 10 ft behind the baseline is a form of tennis.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Because he mixes it up, uses slice etc, comes to the net.
Gasquet comes to the net at least as often as Murray

and has a winning head to head with pretty much every big server.
In what does it show he has more variety than Gasquet??:confused:
I could also say that Murray struggles against the defensive players like Nadal or Robredo

everytime I see Gasgay he doesn't show much apart from showing us that standing 10 ft behind the baseline is a form of tennis.
You are a bit trolling there.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Coming from you this made my day :D , even if I always liked Nalbandian's game, too.

Gasquet hasn't found the right balance that suits his game.
You are totally right on this one. The good thing is, he knows it. He said something very similar himself this year.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts