Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering whether anyone has any experiences, good or bad which they wish to share with us when they approached players. Personally......

Bad

1. Nicolas Massu - Signed no autographs and just barged a group of youngsters who wanted to talk to him out his way without a care in the world. I've also heard many others complain about him

Good

1. Andy Murray - Spent an age signing autographs and posing for pics with fans. I read a quote from him, that when he was 9 he queued for 2 hours to get Agassi's autograph but didn't get it. He said he remembers how upset he was, and now he tries to please his fans as much as he can.

2. Andy Roddick - Was extremely pleasant, chatted to me for about 5 mins (this was before he was top 10 material)

2. Rafael Nadal/Guillermo Coria - Both extremely nice guys.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
adee-gee said:
2. Rafael Nadal/Guillermo Coria - Both extremely nice guys.
what, are they all of a sudden the same person? :confused: ;)

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts
none of them wants to have sex with me, so they treat me badly :sad:

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Nicolas always signs autographs to his fans when he stays in Chile ;)

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
It depends on the number of fans the player has . For example when Federer was young and not as known as today could sign more autographs than nowadays .

When you are a star is more complicated to treat well the fans, but it isn't a matter of arrogance, but a matter of there are hundred of persons chasing you as if you were their Guru...

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*Viva Chile* said:
Maybe he only likes Chileans then, because thats certainly not the impression I got or many others that I've spoken to have got :shrug:

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts
*Viva Chile* said:
Nicolas, ya jugaste ya te vas ;)

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Galaxystorm said:
What did you talk about ?? About greenhouse effect and ozone hole ??? :haha:
Yes, yes we did ;)

It was at Wimbledon. I just told him I was a big fan (I'm not so much anymore). Then I asked him about the Chang match at the French Open, I said it was one of my favourite ever matches. Then he posed for a photo with me, gave me an autograph, and told me how much he loved the British fans at Wimbledon. 5 minutes was maybe stretching it a bit!

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
Fernando Gonzalez: he is very nice always signs autographs to all of his fans and takes the time to take pics with all of them ;)

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
adee-gee said:
Yes, yes we did ;)

It was at Wimbledon. I just told him I was a big fan (I'm not so much anymore). Then I asked him about the Chang match at the French Open, I said it was one of my favourite ever matches. Then he posed for a photo with me, gave me an autograph, and told me how much he loved the British fans at Wimbledon. 5 minutes was maybe stretching it a bit!
Have you the courage to talk with Coria about how hot is his wife when you see him next year at Wimbledon ?? :devil:

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
cobalt60 said:
What do you think about what happened yesterday at the Davis Cup Practice? I hear he requested a closed practice today. Does that bother you?
I couldn't go to see Gonzo's practice today because Nico said he wanted a private practice :sad:
all of this was because yesterday Nico looked so mad and kept throwing his racket and all the people started yelling things at him ... so that's why he said he wants a private practice today

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
From what I've observed some players who were nice to their fans would be Robredo, Gimelstob, Nadal, and Ferrero.

I never even talked to Robredo (because I am ridiculously shy) but he started to recognize me around the tournament and would give me a smile and a thumbs up as he passed.

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
cobalt60 said:
Well what did you think about what happened?
I know Nico always does the same thing ... but yesterday Gonzo was joking around and Nico was so angry with himself and yelling things and all that so I think that all the people was more happy seeing Gonzo smiling than Nico angry ... I understand Nico and know him but he behave really bad yesterday ... :sad: I didn't like his attitude

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Galaxystorm said:
Have you the courage to talk with Coria about how hot is his wife when you see him next year at Wimbledon ?? :devil:
:haha:

I saw Coria play Melzer at Wimby this year, my eyes were fixated on Carla the whole match :p She was at the other end of the court though :(

If I see Guille I'll ask him if I can kiss his wife :eek:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Nice:
Gonzo! He gave me a ball that he played with after he signed an autograph for me and I was really happy...
Grosjean - I thought he was really friendly as well, I heard somewhere he was mean to fans, but not to me
Tojo - :worship:
Jeff Morrison - Stayed and talked to lots of little children who were asking for his racquet

Mean:
Hmm, everyone I met has been quite friendly,
My friend asked Wayne Black but he ignored my friend apparently but I wasn't there so I don't know. Wait! Paradorn Srichapan, I think he was having a bad day, but that did not stop me from still supporting him :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'd definitely put Younes El Aynaoui, Max Mirnyi, and Guga on the list of people who treat their fans well. Most of the French guys are also really nice.

Guillermo Coria can be nice, but in the last couple years I've found that he's less and less likely to stop for fans. I don't know if it's because of his rise in popularity or personal reasons, but it's disappointing.

Like any other person, players have moods, and some of them are friendly sometimes and will blow you off the next. Tommy Haas, Marat Safin, Feli Lopez, Lleyton Hewitt, and Xavier Malisse are among those.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts