Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I noticed Tipsarevic shaves his legs. Mardy Fish does as well. Ferrero use to back in his heyday.

I find it intriguing and slightly mysterious. Like maybe a special breed of human?

Anyone else?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I saw this alot when I went to Madrid. Players like Canas, Nalbandian who you would think like hair on their legs but shave. Apparently my coach told me it's cause it helps the massage afterwards if they have no hair. But then Federer has hairy legs so? It confuses me too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw this alot when I went to Madrid. Players like Canas, Nalbandian who you would think like hair on their legs but shave. Apparently my coach told me it's cause it helps the massage afterwards if they have no hair. But then Federer has hairy legs so? It confuses me too.
Yeah, a bit too much hair. :scared:

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Safins leg to me have always looked pretty bald. I wouldn't be shaving my legs, even if it helps the massage or whatever.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Federer could take a buzz saw to his and it wouldn't do anything. :lol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with players shaving their legs. It even looks better! ;)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
if they shave their legs they should shave everythign

can you imagine someone like federer (and myself) who has hairybelly with shaved legs? rofl

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
Doesn't seem like an issue either way- maybe some do it because they feel better if they sweat a lot? Competitive swimmers and cyclists will, as well.

Except for Fish, everyone looks fine. :)

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
All the cyclists are shaving them, but I dont know why...aerodynamics maybe? :confused:

I tried it once and its the most weird feeling :lol: I couldnt wait to get some hair back. And some friends were making a fool out of me. :silly:

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
I heard that it's also because if the leg needs to be taped for support, it's more effective and a lot less painful to remove the tape with no hair.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
All the cyclists are shaving them, but I dont know why...aerodynamics maybe? :confused:

I tried it once and its the most weird feeling :lol: I couldnt wait to get some hair back. And some friends were making a fool out of me. :silly:
I don't know about cycling but I do know speed skaters and swimmers shave for aerodynamic purposes.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
:scratch: Speedskaters too :confused:??

They're wearing long suits, why do they need to shave their legs??
Speedskating is a sport where milliseconds matter, athletes will take any advantage they can get. I knew a guy in junior high whose brother competed and he shaved his legs. Incidentally, he went on to win an Olympic medal in Turin.

·
F***ing have it
17,677 Posts
Calling J'Torian and alfonsojose...
I'd never shave my legs. I would feel like a woman. I'm a guy :D, who happens to like another guys :angel:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts